adult bday at the world

aviva5675

DIS Veteran
I will be having my 49th birthday next November when I am there with DH and DD. Not a complete disney addict like many on the boards, but wondering if I should go ahead and let them know there will be a birthday. I feel kinda dumb alerting Disney of my own adult birthday. What exactly happens and should I do it???

My birthday trip in October was split between SSR and WL, and at checking I let both places know about my birthday. As a result, I received birthday cards and balloons from both Mickey (at SSR) and Minnie (at WL).

At Whispering Canyon Cafe (breakfast) our waiter announced it was my 53rd birthday to everyone at the restaurant.

Picked up a birthday button at Disney-MGM Studios and got a free dessert when we ate at Sci-Fi. Also got a birthday phone call from Goofy at Guest Relations.

When I got Hercules' autograph he asked me if I was 18 yet and could start hero training.

And PUSH (the talking trashcan) sung Happy Birthday to me.

It was memorable.

Well there is the complete opposite...nothing can happen.

I've been twice on my birthday and the hotel knew both times and they didn't give me the balloons and photo. My last trip, my friend had to go back to a CM and remind them that it was my birthday and that I didn't get my balloons and Goofy card. (on a happy note..I got 2 sets when they finally got around to it)

If you don't wear the birthday button...you will not get much attention.

Mostly all I got was a Happy Birthday from CMs I passed in the parks. Which I can live with.

Trust me, I go RED really easily. I do not like to be the center of attention. So a few balloons and the odd Happy Birthday was perfect.

By taking the pin off and on..you can control the attention.

So go for it. It will be a trial run. Then you can maybe plan a birthday trip for your DD and get LOTS of attention then.

One year DW got a happy birthday phone call from Goofy and last year she got balloons from one of the princesses (I don't remember which one). At SAB the lifeguards stopped the pool volleyball game and everyone sang her Happy Birthday. It was great :cool1:

Go for it!

We didndt go on our B day but on our anniversary last year we got a card from Bellle and the Beast in our room with Balloons. It was cute.

One of the people going in our group has her birthday the day we arrive. Should I let the hotel know ahead of time, or just tell them at check in?

Third times a charm said:
One of the people going in our group has her birthday the day we arrive. Should I let the hotel know ahead of time, or just tell them at check in?

I think it depends on the hotel. Tell them now so a note can be put on the reservations and remind them when you check in. My friend, who happens to be a CM, was told since I wasn't checked in yet they could not put the balloons in for my arrival...incase I didn't like the room and wanted to be moved.

So the balloons and stuff might not be in the room when they check in but they should be there later if you go out to the parks and return.

They just might miss out on the birthday wake up call. I did but that was ok.

What's the worst that could happen..you get nothing...it was free after all. If you don't tell your friend what you are doing they won't be disappointed and you can still get it for them a day later!! (That would be a surprise)

Can't hurt to ask!

Guess so---have a little fun for myself too as the chief bottle washer and total travel planner...thanks, guys!

aviva5675 said:
Guess so---have a little fun for myself too as the chief bottle washer and total travel planner...thanks, guys!

You deserve the fun!! And although its early, let me be the first to wish you a very happy birthday!!

I get the birthday pins on my birthday trip and love the attention you get. :banana: :wizard: :banana:

My sister and I are going from Feb. 6 - Feb. 11. We had originally planned to go over her birthday which is Feb. 23 but something came up and we had to change it. Do you think I could (sneak without her knowing) get a birthday button for her and let her celebrate one day at the World, or is that a big no-no (celebrating on a day that's not the actual birthday)? She'll be 53 years young!

They don't check to make sure it's your exact birthday, so I'm sure your sister would have a blast. :)

We got my dad a birthday pin for his 55th and he still says it was the best birthday he ever had. We went to the Crystal Palace for a character breakfast (his choice and the #1 thing he HAD to do for his birthday) where they decorated the table (I mentioned it was his birthday when I was making the ADRs) and brought him a cupcake with a candle and a card. The CM from Test Track gave him his official CM Test Track opening day brochure, the crew of Star Tours gave him a card and the whole ride sang to him, countless people wished him a happy birthday all day..... it was a complete blast and totally memorable. Hope you decide to go for the pin!! :)

I am having my birthday there in April and I went through the same thing. I had the hardest time telling them to put the notation on my ADRs about my birthday. I actually called at least 5 times to add or change things, but could never make myself say it. DH kept teasing me and saying I needed to do it - I almost made him do it for me. But finally I called and had such a great, helpful CM I felt at ease and got it done with no strangeness. And I'm extremely excited now. :banana: Just do it, feel weird, but do it anyway. You'll be even more excited after you do it!

DM was 86 this past December, we went to Epcot Guest Relations and got her a birthday button. As were were entering the park, the CM at the turnstile mentioned that she looked happy, and she said, Well, I'm soon going to be 86 and I'm at DisneyWorld. The CM told her to get a button to celebrate. She got lots of smiles and Happy Birthdays from CM, and when we were in Soarin's line, waiting on our number, the CM announced her birthday and everyone sang.

Very nice.
Bobbi

We just got back Saturday. I got my sister a birthday button at Epcot and I was able to convince her to wear it!! Most of the CM's who saw her told her "Happy Birthday." At the Land, we had a fast pass and we got there early to wait until our time to get in line. The CM said that since it was my sister's birthday, we could go ahead in line even though it wasn't time for our fast pass yet. It was a great day and it didn't take my sister long to get used to the CM's telling her happy birthday. I think she enjoyed it after all! :cool1:

Donna

Hello~

My Husband will be celebrating his birthday while we are in Disney. We are staying with family off site. Can he get in on this too?? I would LOVE him to get birthday treatment.

My husband and I stay off-site and when it was his birthday, I asked for the birthday button at Guest Relations at MGM. He wore it on his birthday when we went to MK. On the way over, our monorail had to wait for permission to proceed into the MK station. Whilst waiting a guy who was in our section got everyone else to sing Happy Birthday to him. Dh went SO RED! Thinking back I have often wondered if said guy was a cast member with his family or just a fun-loving guy getting in the spirit of the Magic!

we went last year for my hubby bday and we went to seaworld and at ate dinner at hard rock. i said something at hard rock, but nothing at sea world..

we are going again this year for his bday and this time we are going to animal kingdom and im not sure where for dinner and i will just say something at dinner again

My DH's best friend has a birthday the day b4 we arrive. We will all be traveling on that day. I thought it would be fun to get him a birthday button and watch everyone make a fuss over him. He'll be 55 and he's a very quiet man. We will all have a good laugh. Including his DW & I. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter