ADR's VS Fastpass

xipotec

Grinning Ghosts
We have been put in this position in the past, and with the enforcing of Fast-pass policy I was looking for some people to weigh in.
What would you do if the only Fast pass return time conflicted with an ADR?
Toy Story Midway, vs Sci-Fi drive in was our last choice. No way i was gonna wait 2 hours on a non-Fast pass line.
Will they hold an ADR if you call the restaurant??

They ran out of FastPass at 11:00 last run.

No.

Just don't get the FastPasses when the return range will interfere with other plans. Get them earlier, or go back after (in this case) your meal and get the FastPasses for a time range during which you know you can return to ride.

I've never been in that position, honestly, even when we were on deluxe dining. Of course, we generally arrive within the first hour after opening and we do rides like TSM in the morning to avoid such. On those occasions that we saw a late TSM, for example, we only took the fast pass if we could reasonably make it in the window without conflict. As far as being late, generally, yes if you are late to an ADR they are going to allow you in, as long as you aren't excessively late, but 15 minutes or so they are generally good about.

We were trying to get a Soarin Fastpass but it conflicted with our LeCellier ADR. We sat at one of the table in Sunshine Seasons for 10 or 15 minutes and got a time when I thought we would be out of our ADR and have time to get back. We didn't make it though, our lunch ran long.

On TSMM theere are so many people getting fastpasses that the times move quick. I would just have someone hang out until the fastpass time was at a better time for you. It's aggravating but what do you do :confused3

I would probably wait until the time arrived to make a decision. If I was hungry I'd go keep my adr, if I wasn't all that hungry I'd skip.

What time of year do you go? We go late August and we simply get in the standby line, first thing and it's never been a 2 hour wait, actually never had to wait an hour.

Get there rope drop or shortly after ride TSM first and viola no confliction.

I don't think you'll have a huge issue.

Actually this always seem to happen with Toy Story, we plan on going straight there and getting online first, then get a FastPass.
They were actually out of Fastpasses by 11. And this was first week of December.
Normally FP works well for us, just this one time the FP time was conflicted and i didn't want them to run out.

I guess i should have asked;
1. How frequently do FP run out? And by what time?
2. How long will they hold an ADR ? What if you call and say your running later than 15 minutes?

I don't anticipate any issues on either front, but i am 4 days from my trip and trying to remember questions i had last time.

Good thing ill have DIS boards with me this time!!!!

I don't take the FP..But then again, I get to DHS at opening so I don't need to use the FP , and if I grab one it is generally for late morning and all my adrs are generally dinner ones

i guess i should have asked;
1. How frequently do fp run out? And by what time? every day. Usually before noon. That's why just about everyone recommends being at dhs for rope drop and riding tsm/getting fastpasses first thing. If you go to pull a fp and the return times conflict with your adr, just hang for a few minutes till the time advances sufficiently. It shouldn't take long.
2. How long will they hold an adr ? What if you call and say your running later than 15 minutes? for sci-fi specifically? Hard to say. And you can't call directly to the restaurant- you'll just get a call center.

hth

That just happened to us. We waited a bit and then approached a family who got later FP and offered to switch. They were thrilled for the earlier ones and we were able to keep our ADR.

If you get right in line for the Toy Story passes as soon as the park opens, you should be fine. We were also there first week of December and yes, the line was crazy! Getting in the fastpass line first thing, the time to come back was only a couple hours later. We ended up getting on the ride then anyway, which took about 45 minutes, rode another ride and then came back.

If I was forced to make a choice between a fastpass time and a reservation, I would probably choose the reservation- especially if I was with a larger group. You could always try going to the restaurant to see if they could change your reservation to a different time.

Toy Story fills up fast! I personally don't think it was worth a fast pass or a long wait. It's basically the same thing as Buzz Lightyear at MK. I don't get the "draw."

I would go early -ride when wait is 15 minutes or get fast pass. We wanted to get our son in Star Wars show so We grabbed fast passes at 9:05 and they were already for 10:30. At 10:30, the fast passes were already for 3:00!!!!

Disney will hold reservations for 15 minutes past reservation time. We ran into this when my kids got stuck in Thunder Mountain (ride stopped and they had to be evacuated).

shinysparklybubbles said:
That just happened to us. We waited a bit and then approached a family who got later FP and offered to switch. They were thrilled for the earlier ones and we were able to keep our ADR.

Shiney!!!!! Pixie dust that helps everyone!!! Love it, thanks!

What would you do if the only Fast pass return time conflicted with an ADR? Toy Story Midway, vs Sci-Fi drive in was our last choice.

Based on the circumstances of your predicament, I would certainly be inclined to acquiesce to sacrifice my gastronomic sensibilities for a memorable entertainment experience.

(Means I'd be willing to eat CS later for a good ride window now.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter