ADRs tomorrow...advice?

anorman

Greetings from The Great White North
Our ADR window opens tomorrow and while I have a general idea of what we are interested in, I would also appreciate some advice and input. We are a family of 4 with two teenage DDs and are pretty adventurous eaters. We'll be staying onsite for 6 nights with the DDP. Our preference is to eat where we happen to be and will not be planning to do a lot of running around to various resorts for dining only purposes unless it is very near a park.

With all of that in mind then, here is what we have been considering. ...
Crystal palace In MK
Liberty tree tavern in MK (different day)
Teppan Edo in Epcot
Yak and Yeti in AK
Hoop Dee Do
May not eat at HS

Any thoughts or alternate suggestions? We are also considering paying out of pocket for an adult evening at the House of Bues deck for live music and a couple of drinks.

There's nothing "wrong" with those but I'm not sure it's the best value on the DDP. For one service I'd prefer something at AKL lodge over Yak & Yeti (Sanaa or Boma) and make that ADR either before you arrive or after you plan on leaving.

In Epcot, there's nothing "wrong" with Teppan Edo but we feel we can get Hibatchi at home ay time we want and prefer places like Biergarten, Chef de France, Via Napoli, Akershus, etc.

You cannot go wrong with Hoop...I don't think using two credits on siganature meals is a good value but I have not one negative thing to say about the meal.

Crystal Palace doesn't do it for me. I don't like the interaction with non talking characters (which is why pre prefer places like Akershus, etc) but if I go with the non speaking I think the food should be better (Tusker House for example). That being said, our family is not Pooh fans.

Overall, it sounds real fun and I'm sure you guys will enjoy it all. There are no "bad" choices there.

I would choose BOG over CP any day, especially with teenage daughters.
I agree that there are much better places to try in Epcot than Teppan Edo. To me, hibachi is hibachi, pretty much the same everywhere. Le Cellier, Chefs de France and San Angel would be my choices. Le Cellier is 2 credits, but we do not do the DP.
Your girls might love House of Blues. When my kids were both still teens, it was one of their favorite places in DS (then DTD).

For more adventurous eaters

MK - Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen
EP - Spice Rd Table
AK - Sanaa because it's very close to AK. I'd make a dinner ADR for after you leave the park. If you prefer lunch, then Y & Y is enjoyable.
HS - eh, I'd go to a resort or back to Epcot after you're done with the park, if you have hoppers. My family enjoyed 50s and Sci-fi. They picked a revisit to Sci-fi this time because they like the cars and movie clips.

I know you said preferably not resorts, but Olivia's at OKW is a great place to eat. Now that my kids are older CP is no longer on the list. It's just too much for us with so many little kids. We'de definitely do BOG over CP. We loved Akershus in EPCOT. We did breakfast at 1900 Park Fare because my kids love Mary Poppins. We haven't gone wrong with Ohana, either. Columbia Harbor House is a great quick service choice in MK.

There's nothing "wrong" with those but I'm not sure it's the best value on the DDP. For one service I'd prefer something at AKL lodge over Yak & Yeti (Sanaa or Boma) and make that ADR either before you arrive or after you plan on leaving.

In Epcot, there's nothing "wrong" with Teppan Edo but we feel we can get Hibatchi at home ay time we want and prefer places like Biergarten, Chef de France, Via Napoli, Akershus, etc.

Crystal Palace doesn't do it for me. I don't like the interaction with non talking characters (which is why pre prefer places like Akershus, etc) but if I go with the non speaking I think the food should be better (Tusker House for example). That being said, our family is not Pooh fans.
My kids love Yak and Yeti. We have eaten and Boma athoroughly enjoyed it that being said. We have also eaten at Biergarten, Akershus but wanted to try something different. I would like to try Via Napoli though. My DH is insistent on CP....he loves it and we have to eat there every trip!

I would choose BOG over CP any day, especially with teenage daughters.
I agree that there are much better places to try in Epcot than Teppan Edo. To me, hibachi is hibachi, pretty much the same everywhere. Le Cellier, Chefs de France and San Angel would be my choices. Le Cellier is 2 credits, but we do not do the DP.
Your girls might love House of Blues. When my kids were both still teens, it was one of their favorite places in DS (then DTD).
We had BOG last trip and it was impressive but for us CP still wins. We have eaten at San Angel Inn and Le Cellier in the past. Hibachi is not something that we have here at home so we thought we would give it a try and it gets rave reviews.

For more adventurous eaters

MK - Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen
EP - Spice Rd Table
AK - Sanaa because it's very close to AK. I'd make a dinner ADR for after you leave the park. If you prefer lunch, then Y & Y is enjoyable.
HS - eh, I'd go to a resort or back to Epcot after you're done with the park, if you have hoppers. My family enjoyed 50s and Sci-fi. They picked a revisit to Sci-fi this time because they like the cars and movie clips.
Skipper Canteen is one I've never heard of and I might replace Liberty Tree Tavern with this choice....must do more research! We've been to Sci-Fi and MM, and Brown Derby at HS plus H & V...I don't really feel like repeating any of these either because of the food or the price (BD).

I know you said preferably not resorts, but Olivia's at OKW is a great place to eat. Now that my kids are older CP is no longer on the list. It's just too much for us with so many little kids. We'de definitely do BOG over CP. We loved Akershus in EPCOT. We did breakfast at 1900 Park Fare because my kids love Mary Poppins. We haven't gone wrong with Ohana, either. Columbia Harbor House is a great quick service choice in MK.
We've been to Ohana (loud), 1900 Park Fare, Ajershus, and BOG. As I said above, DH is set on going to CP so that is a must-do....lol. I'll look into Olivia's and Columbia HH though.

Thanks all!!!!!

I would definitely recommend Skipper Canteen for more adventurous eaters! Even with a couple of pickier eaters we really enjoyed our food there, and the atmosphere/theming is great. You can read about our experience in my dining report (page 3 in the link below) if you like, but there are lots and lots of reviews around here!
:disrocks:

I love Crystal Palace (and was very underwhelmed with Tusker House, which was disappointing considering how great it's supposed to be). And while I've not yet eaten at Teppan Edo or been tempted to try it, I have family members who love it...and if you've eaten elsewhere in Epcot, Id give a new place a try. Honestly, for all of your ADRs, just look at the menu and see if it appeals to you or not, and chose that which appeals to you as everyone's tastes are different!

ADRs all done. Crystal Palace, Teppan Edo, Hoop Dee Doo, Yak and Yeti all booked. I decided to take your advice and we are going to give Skipper's Canteen a try. I switched out Liberty Tree Tavern for Skipper's. The menu definitely looks different but intriguing. I am most certainly looking forward to this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter