ADRs near restaurant "closing" time???

Sailormoon2

DIS Veteran
Just wondering what happens when you have an ADR around a restaurant's posted "close" time on the web site. For example BOG at 2:15 when Lunch is listed as finishing at 2:30, or Sanaa at 2:45 when it "closes" (again for lunch) at 3:00? Are those times listed the last time to get a table but the restaurant actually stays open? Or will the CMs be cleaning up around you as you eat? AND is it the same with dinner reservations, we have one at 9:30 for a restaurant that closes at 10. Thanks

The closing time posted on the website usually indicates about when the last ADR can be made. The restaurant will remain open and I've not had problems with late ADRs in the past. Yes, you might see the servers starting to clean up tables and things like that, but I've never felt rushed or like they wanted us to hurry up and get out. Now, if you are really going slowly, the server might come around ask if you are planning on ordering anything else because the kitchen is shutting down, but I haven't had that happen until over an hour after being seated.

For places that transition from lunch to dinner, the biggest thing you'll probably notice is that the stop seating guests as the tables around you empty. I've had that happen at LTT; had the last lunch ADR, so no one else was seated for about an hour. The tables around us emptied and we saw the staff put away the menus and things like that, but it didn't bother us.

We had an 11:20 reservation at Chef Mickey (closes at 11:30) and it was fantastic! The characters walked around until 1pm and with each passing minute more and more people left leaving us to get the undivided attention of the characters. I have such great memories of their interaction with us as well as the wait staff (Chip/Dale really messed up the place much to the chagrin of the cast member). We did not at all feel rushed, once the characters went away we headed out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter