• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ADRs for group of 9?

MarieLightning

DIS Veteran
So, I'm still a while away from having to make my ADRs, but I'm a ridiculously early planner and I'm trying to figure this out

I'm gonna be traveling in a group of 9, and though nothing's set in stone yet, chances are we'll be eating together most evenings. We already know which restaurants we want to eat at, so here's my question:

Of the following restaurants, do you know if I'll be able to make one reservation for 9, or will I have to split it up in 2 reservations (1 of 4 and 1 of 5)? Or if it's a restaurant that doesn't have tables of 9, can I still make the reservation for 9 and they'll take care of finding two tables nearby?

Here are the restaurants we're planning to eat at

Via Napoli
Planet Hollywood
Be Our Guest (that's admittedly my biggest concern XD)
Sci-Fi Dine In
50s Prime Time Cafe
Ohana

We're also wanting to do Teppan Edo, but I know this one is 8 people around the grill so we'll have to split that one for sure (though, two of the people in the group might want to eat at Marrakesh, so that might be the day we split up)

Having come from a large family myself, I know the challenges...and you may have to adjust expectations a bit.

The ADRs will accomodate 9, but they will most likely tell you in most locations that you will have to split up into smaller groups.

I don't know about Via Napoli, but as for the others:
Planet Hollywood - I believe they have a large enough table, or can push them together
Be Our Guest (that's admittedly my biggest concern XD) - given its newness, the only choice probably will be to split up.
Sci-Fi Dine In - some the cars have 3 rows, so depending on the size of the people in the party, you maybe could fit in one car - but I'm guessing they would have you split up
50s Prime Time Cafe - I'm fairly certain you will have to split up
Ohana - I believe they can push two tables together, or seat you close

Maybe go in to it with a plan to have two groups?

Good luck!

edit: in regards to your question about having tables nearby, the general rule is that they will do their best to accommodate them being next to each other, but there are no guarantees.

Having come from a large family myself, I know the challenges...and you may have to adjust expectations a bit.

The ADRs will accomodate 9, but they will most likely tell you in most locations that you will have to split up into smaller groups.

I don't know about Via Napoli, but as for the others:
Planet Hollywood - I believe they have a large enough table, or can push them together
Be Our Guest (that's admittedly my biggest concern XD) - given its newness, the only choice probably will be to split up.
Sci-Fi Dine In - some the cars have 3 rows, so depending on the size of the people in the party, you maybe could fit in one car - but I'm guessing they would have you split up
50s Prime Time Cafe - I'm fairly certain you will have to split up
Ohana - I believe they can push two tables together, or seat you close

Maybe go in to it with a plan to have two groups?

Good luck!

edit: in regards to your question about having tables nearby, the general rule is that they will do their best to accommodate them being next to each other, but there are no guarantees.

We should be fine with having to split, as long as I can still make the ADR for 9 so that we all eat at the same time :)

Thanks for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter