ADR's for 13 - will that limit my availability?

disneyfan2kids

DisneyFan3Kids now, but I can't change my name.
With 3 families going - if we dine together we need ADR's for 13...will asking for this limit my availability? Am I better off asking for 3 tables of 4/4/5 or if THAT is available, can they combine it for a table of 13?

Don't want to waste time with ADR's for 13 and miss out on a table if a 4/4/5 is available. (Sitting together is not a REQUIREMENT, but would be nice if possible.)

Some places were considering (might make your opinions differ):

Ohana for Dinner
HDDR
Candlelight Processional package at Tutto Italia
50's PT
CHaracter meal at Tusker House
Akershus
Chef Mickeys

Do some restaurants better lend themselves to large groups and/or are some NOT group friendly?

Thoughts?

hi.

i just booked several ressies for 12 without problem. probably larger restaurants would leave you with more options, say at dinner. you could always ask the CM if they could split you up if you cannot get what you want. also, i was told by the CM that our party might be split up and hopefully placed at tables close together. it sounded like a "pre-scripted" thing like when they tell you to arrive so many minutes before the ressie,etc.

good luck to you!

When we went last year there was a separate # to call for group dining. I believe WDW DINE can give it to you. We had no problem though.

Last year we went with other family members and we ate at the Liberty Tree Tavern one night with 12 of us. They separated us but the tables were next to each other so it wasn't a big deal. The rest of the time we ate as a group of 9 at Le Cellier, Ohaha, and Akershus Princess breakfast and we were all at one big table. I made my reservations at 7:00 on my 180 day mark, so if you do it by the new 90 day out rule you should be fine.

I booked several reservation in Sept for a party of 14 without any problems and was told that we might not be at one table.

I have an additional question, I know for parties over 6 there is an automatic 18% gratuity applied, if they are not able to sit us at one table and we are spread out over several tables would that mean they would not charge the 18%

Any parties over 11 (I think is the magic number) are transferred to group dining. You can call the regular dining number. The Group dining customer service are very helpful.
O'hana can accommodate a group that size as well as the Biergarten in Germany, which I highly recommend. I think Chef Mickey has 10 top round tables and can put together several square top tables as well.
Be sure to tell however you talk to that you are flexible with breaking up the group. If you do get 2 or 3 tables for an ADR, tell them at check in you are together and they will do their very best to accommodate you.

Have a magical trip! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter