• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ADR's finalised

i've booked her first 3 days so far....i can book another two, but i haven't yet.
no problem with anything so far...

she's decided she doesn't want to do any buffets (to avoid eating too much - and then feeling sick), so that eliminates all the character meals....

so far i've booked her into yak & yeti, Sci fi and Rose & Crown...

the complete list (only 3 booked so far):
Yak & Yeti - lunch (twice - i've only booked 1 ADR so far)
Sci Fi - lunch (twice - i've only booked 1 ADR so far)
Rose & Crown - dinner
Plaza Restaurant - lunch
Tusker House - lunch (buffet, so i'll book this only if it still has the Nemo tickets)
50's prime time - lunch
Coral Reef - lunch
Teppan Edo - dinner
GF Cafe - dinner
Whispering Canyon Cafe - dinner
T-Rex - dinner

i still need to come up with another 3 choices (2 in the parks and one not in the parks).
The biggest problem is MK.
Nothing seems that great.

i have to go look at the menus.

i've booked her first 3 days so far....i can book another two, but i haven't yet.
no problem with anything so far...

she's decided she doesn't want to do any buffets (to avoid eating too much - and then feeling sick), so that eliminates all the character meals....

so far i've booked her into yak & yeti, Sci fi and Rose & Crown...

the complete list (only 3 booked so far):
Yak & Yeti - lunch (twice - i've only booked 1 ADR so far)
Sci Fi - lunch (twice - i've only booked 1 ADR so far)
Rose & Crown - dinner
Plaza Restaurant - lunch
Tusker House - lunch (buffet, so i'll book this only it still has the Nemo tickets)
50's prime time - lunch
Coral Reef - lunch
Teppan Edo - dinner
GF Cafe - dinner
Whispering Canyon Cafe - dinner
T-Rex - dinner

i still need to come up with another 3 choices (2 in the parks and one not in the parks).
The biggest problem is MK.
Nothing seems that great.

i have to go look at the menus.

Only one I would eat at in MK is Liberty Tree Tavern, one of Karen fave meals is a Turkey dinner and the beef was outstanding last time we ate there. Its not everyones fave but we have enjoyed both our meals there.

IMG_1179Medium.jpg

IMG_1180Medium.jpg

looks yummy Wayne!!!

that would be great for DSIL - he's a meat and potatoes man!
but DD is a vegetarian, so that's a problem at family style meals...
i think lunch is a la carte - i'm off to check that menu...

looks yummy Wayne!!!

that would be great for DSIL - he's a meat and potatoes man!
but DD is a vegetarian, so that's a problem at family style meals...
i think lunch is a la carte - i'm off to check that menu...

They used to do an a la carte menu along side the family style, not sure if its still the same, we didn't go last year.

Just booked 7 ADR's on line, but confirmation email for Portobello is saying 'Not on Dining Plan' - opposite to what website says. I reckon they need to update the DDP locations

Just booked 7 ADR's on line, but confirmation email for Portobello is saying 'Not on Dining Plan' - opposite to what website says. I reckon they need to update the DDP locations

I first searched only restaurants on DDP and it didn't show but I still booked it, the DDP brochure\site says its on DDP.

Just wanted to mention for those trying to book HDDR in August, there are some rumors that it will be closed for refurb from 5th August. No idea if this is correct or not but I have booked for end July in case, while it is still early enough to change ADRs around.

For some reason I can't book my ADR's online, but I can see them!

Anyway this is what we have so far, 4 still to book.

12/08 - ESPN bar - can't make a ressie for this one.
13/08 Lunch Chef De France - I want to see Remi
13/08 T rex - I couldn't get a reservation that I wanted for the whole of my 10 booking slot, so I phoned the restuarant directly and got what I wanted.
14/08 - Grand Floridan Cafe
15/08 cape May - Breakfast
15/08 Raglan Road dinner
16/08 Teppen Edo
17/08 Tusker House
17/08 Captains Grille
18/08 - Teppen Edo
19/08 Prime Time Cafe
20/08 Portobello
21/08 - Raglan Road again!
22/08 - Beaches and Cream - can't book ADR's for this one.
still to book Kona Cafe, another teppen Edo and Le Cellier and for anyone good at Maths, I think I have more than 14:scared1: So something is going to have to give. Or I might just try and pursade my DS not to eat and to have fish and chips in Epcot instead. Fat chance of that this year!

thanks:) managed to book first 10 days apart from T-Rex which is not yet loaded on to system - took over 40 minutes!! I have reservation numbers for each one - but I can't add them to my booking online. I can retrieve my holiday reservation at OKW but when I go to retrieve dining reservation it asks for the res no and phone no - I didnt give a phone no when I made my reservations and I have tried all different formats but am unable to retrieve - can anyone offer any advice?

Thanksxx

Surprised they did not ask for a UK number or a contact number while you are in Florida, everytime I ring they ask me 2 or 3 times, I get a bit annoyed they can't just add my address and phone number to my res, so far I must have given it to them 7 or 8 times for this next trip.

If you didn't give them a phone number try using OKW number or the dining number, they have to enter one to get the system to work, same as you have to enter one(the same one) to retrieve the reservations.

*think* the system is now accepting my mobile number (at least - I'm not getting teh error message now) but it is still not adding the dining reservations to my booking. Is anyone else having probs? Is it still to do with teh fact that I only have the 12 digit res no? Thanks xx

*think* the system is now accepting my mobile number (at least - I'm not getting teh error message now) but it is still not adding the dining reservations to my booking. Is anyone else having probs? Is it still to do with teh fact that I only have the 12 digit res no? Thanks xx

I can't add the ones I did by phone, I can only see the ones I did myself online, those are not linked to my DDP but can be seen on my hotel reservation.

Just wanted to mention for those trying to book HDDR in August, there are some rumors that it will be closed for refurb from 5th August. No idea if this is correct or not but I have booked for end July in case, while it is still early enough to change ADRs around.

I had also seen this, so managed to juggle our other reservations so we can eat here and also at Narcoossee's before their "refurbishments" start.

Thanks Wayne - that makes me feel much better - I did all my reservations by phone and they were the ones I was trying to link online but couldn't - at least now I know its not just me:) Xx

Is Narcoossies definately closed then?

TBH, I'm not 100% sure!! :confused3

I had seen a number of posts both here and on other forums suggesting it was closed 8th August onwards, and depending on the CM you speak to, this is or not the case - all very confusing. Exactly the same with Hoop de Doo - no official announcement, conflicting info from CMs on the reservation line, and unable to book beyond 5th August. Hence we took the view that we may as well book earlier than we had planned to do, and should later dates then be released if there is no refurb work, we will rebook.

Was able to make an online dummy booking at Narcoossee for 23rd Aug, so hopefully will still be available for 30 August when we need it :goodvibes

Had to tweak our plans due to no Hoop on our final night. Now all booked. CM today was best yet, very efficient.:thumbsup2

July
Wed 18th snack on arrival day
Thu 19th Mimis Cafe
Fri 20th Orlando Alehouse
Sat 21st Tokyo Dining
Sun 22nd Paradiso 37
Mon 23rd Raglan Rd
Tue 24th Counter service airport collection
Wed 25th House Of Blues
Thu 26th Grand Floridia Cafe (Matts 18th)
Fri 27th Hoop Dee Doo
Sat 28th Rainforest Cafe AK
Sun 29th Mama Melrose Fantasmic package
Mon 30th Manny's
Tue 31st San Angel Inn

Aug
Wed 1st T-Rex
Thu 2nd Rose & Crown
Fri 3rd Sanaa
Sat 4th Cinders Royal Table
Sun 5th Portobello
Mon 6th Cheesecake Factory
Tues 7th Drinks in Epcot & CS Fish & Chips
Wed 8th Yak & Yeti
Thur 9th Akershus
Fri 10th Chef Mickey's
Sat 11th Fly home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter