• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ADR's being canceled by mistake?

You know what would be a good fix for this? A simple 4 digit pin number created by the guest to make and cancel adr's. This pin number would be required each time so someone with the same name would have to have a matching pin number to add or cancel adr's

This would prevent a lot of this I think

That is an excellent suggestion!!!

I called yesterday to try and find an earlier time for Ohanas on the 16th - I did get the earlier time then asked to cancel my later time - he said it had already been cancelled. There was no double booking anything, but have made some changes so I think it may have been cancelled by mistake, these things happen - as long as Disney understands that which they seem to do. A couple of trips ago we had it happen at Chef Mickeys - I did have the ressie # with me and once they looked it up just treated us as if there wasn't a cancellation at all - everything was fine. Because of this, I always make sure I have my #s with me. I didn't know I could get it printed out at the concierge so I'll do this right away this time. Thanks for the tip. However, because I have made so many changes I think I will call DD tonight and confirm everything we have - just in case....

Over the course of several trips we've only had one reservation screw-up and when the hostess said there was no reservation under that name I pulled out my number. Finally after several minutes she found it, booked under my husband's first name as his last name and some completely different last name. Luckily the number saved us.

A bit OT - We've had far, far worse experiences with the whole reservation thing when OTHER people run up and claim OUR reservation when the name is called at the restaurant. We love how the Cali Grill uses beepers and the LTT uses the name and state. And our last name is totally unique and couldn't be easily claimed by others yet it was several times!

And several times we have waited patiently with our ADR while walk-in parties of the same size were seated before us. This has really soured DH at several restaurants in MGM. One time, it riled me so much that meek ole me, actually walked up to the hostess, armed with the facts and told her how many parties of 3 had walked in and asked about seating and been shown to a table while we had been sitting there! We were quickly shown to a table and even offered a quick apology.

One can't help but wonder if somehow "more important folk" or people with some kind of connections were treated to some reservations and some "little people" were dropped off. I know, I know...I am the suspicious sort! I just can't help but wonder how this happened!

I just posted about my experience two weeks ago, before I saw this thread.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1650748

The weird thing with me was that only one of my ADRs was cancelled. Everything else was intact. The next morning, I presented my confirm # to the concierge (I wrote all of our confirm #s in a mini notebook when I received them) but she could not tell me what happened. My DH and father both said they think a castmember's cousin or friend must have needed an ADR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter