• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ADR's and hotel reservations

Hidden_Mickey

DIS Veteran
Do I have to have a hotel reservation before I call for ADR's? I know when we want to go in late September or early October but I'm waiting to make hotel reservations because we have a family event whose date has not yet been set but will happen around that time. I don't want to make the hotel reservations until I know for sure when this other thing is but I'd like to make the ADR's ASAP, and that might be before I know for sure the dates we will be going. If I make hotel reservations now can I move them around later without paying a fee?

Thanks

No, you don't need resort reservations to make a dining reservation. When the CM asks you which resort you're staying at, just tell them you haven't made up your mind yet. :)

Yes you can make your ADRs without room reservations. You can make them at the 180 mark, but you CAN NOT use the 180 +10 option. Only resort guest can call 180 days out and make the reservations for the next 10 days in addition to the 180 day reservation. Without room reservations you will have to call each day at the 180 day mark if you want the first opportunity to call each day.

You can definitely make ADR's without a resort reservation. Even those people staying offsite can make ADR's.

Yes you can make your ADRs without room reservations. You can make them at the 180 mark, but you CAN NOT use the 180 +10 option. Only resort guest can call 180 days out and make the reservations for the next 10 days in addition to the 180 day reservation. Without room reservations you will have to call each day at the 180 day mark if you want the first opportunity to call each day.

Aha! Thanks!

The other question is free dining - any idea when that might be announced?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter