Adr?

barnhijl

Earning My Ears
I'm going to WDW late august (yay! :cheer2:) with my husband, mom, dad, and my 1 year old daughter (she will be turning 1 a week after we are there)

We only have the 4 day park hopper and no dining plan b/c we are staying at Shades of green. My question is should we make reservations or no?

It will be my parents first time there so I'd like to take them to some nice places but 1. no dining plan and some of those places are $$$ 2. I'm not sure if making a reservation would work with DD since she will be one. so far she is a pretty happy/content baby and we've eaten out with her tons. but she is only 6 months so... I dunno if that changes when they get older (I'm a mom newb :rotfl:). I also don't think we will have to go back to the hotel for naps b/c she will nap in the car/carseat/stroller/ on one of us quite happily. again I don't know if that will change....

but I don't want to get to WDW and only be able to eat quick service b/c the nice restaurants are all full :confused3

waaaaah what do i do?? lol any advice would be appreciated.

oh and I heard the dining at Shades of Green is terrible? is that true?

I am so excited!!!

If there are table service places you want to try, then definitely make ADRs for those. August (even late August) is a busy enough time that many table service places get fully booked and do not accept walk-ups.

We've stayed at SOG a couple of times. The breakfast is okay, but better food is available elsewhere for lunch and dinner.

My advice is to make lots of dining reservations. You can always cancel later. Narrow them down to the ones you really want to do when the time gets closer.

In August it will be hot & humid. You will really, really, really appreciate a cool, dark(er) place to go in the midday. In the summer we tend to make lunch reservations (you save a bit of cash that way, too) to get out of the heat. We eat around 1:00 or so, go back after to the room after for a quick rest, often eat something at the quick service location in our resort and then head back to the parks for the evening. You almost have to get out of the heat in the midday - especially with a baby. Well, we do. But we're wimpy about hot weather. :rotfl2:

There are some nice table service places that aren't too pricey ... well, it is Disney, so pricey is all relative ;). Try Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch) at the MK, The Plaza at MK, Sci-Fi at Hollywood Studios, 50's Prime Time at Hollywood Studios, Via Napoli at Epcot, Yak & Yeti (lunch) at the Animal Kingdom. Those are on the lower end of the spectrum. If you're looking for a character breakfast, we love 'Ohana for breakfast. Super yummy food and the price is among the least expensive for character breakfasts. And I think at Shades of Green you are really close to the Polynesian, right?

And I think at Shades of Green you are really close to the Polynesian, right?

SOG is across the street from the Poly and is within easy walking distance. We've walked it many times. :)

Yes we are within walking distance to Poly... I wasn't sure if we were allowed to go there to eat or use their buses though?

You guys are probably right we should make some ADR's lol ill have to find some neat places to take my parents.

I don't know about character meals I think DD will be too young. When she's older I want to take her to dine with princesses lol

Yes we are within walking distance to Poly... I wasn't sure if we were allowed to go there to eat or use their buses though?

Yes to both questions. You can also use the monorail and boats.

wdwrich said:
Yes to both questions. You can also use the monorial and boats.

Awesome! We've never been to SOG so we weren't sure what to expect with buses and such

If you want to do a character meal, plan one. The characters usually give extra love to babies, sometimes even more so than with older kids. It makes for some wonderful pictures. The breakfast at Ohana is fairly laid back and is served family style.

I would make a few ADRs, that way you have some TS. I think you said you would be a party of 5: your family of 3 (baby counts too in the number of people you will have to account for making your ADR) and the parents, which can make finding TS more challenging if you wait.

Happy planning

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter