• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ADR - which to keep? Chef Mickey or Supercalifragilistic Breakfast?

RmrJmrGrl

Earning My Ears
We will be going to EPCOT on this day and I have two breakfast ADRs. Trying to decide which to keep.

Supercalifragilistic Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Day & Date: Saturday, June 5, 2010 Time: 9:15 AM

Chef Mickey's at Disney's Contemporary Resort
Day & Date: Saturday, June 5, 2010, Time: 10:35 AM​

We will be eating at Les Chefs (hoping for Remy) at 4:50 PM that evening.

Haven't ever been to either of these character breakfasts. Which would you keep?

It really comes down to your ADR preference etc. Are you going for certain characters? The Food? Both? How are you getting to the ADR's and to the park after etc.

If it was me, I would keep the ealier ADR at 1900 PF to get to Epcot at a better time. Also, I have done the CM's breakfast, and to me, the food was average at best. BUT the characters were great though and a lot of fun. Plus CM's is usually always busy and you need to be prepared to be seated later that your scheduled time. CM's is the only breakfast ADR so far that I was seated past my ADR time.

We did the 1900 PF dinner and enjoyed that so we are trying the breakfast on our next trip. Doing both brakfast and dinner at 1900 PF next trip actually.

Good luck with your decision. ;)

I agree that it depends on which characters you wish to see. I look at Chef Mickey's as a time saver- we get pics and autographs from the Fab Five all at once rather than having to wait in mulitiple lines throughout the day.

The Mad Hatter is a lot of fun at Park Fare- you DS would probably really enjoy him too. Pooh, Tigger, Alice, and Mary Poppins are there as well.

Just so you know, Steve Soares sight lists Remy's last round at 5:20pm, so you should get to see him!!

I would keep the 1900 Park Fare Breakfast-the food there is wonderful. We have been faithful Chef Mickey goers since 2005, however, last year we went there for both breakfast and dinner and it was horrible. Which was a real disappointment. It really is up to you in terms of characters you prefer, however, based on food quality I would vote 1900 Park Fare.

Hi, we ate at both and as far as food it was pretty much the same. It was nice to see the Madd Hatter, Mary Poppins and Alice since we don't get to see them as much.

We don't love Chef Mickey. It is too big and too loud. The characters for us seemed to rush through very quickly and there was little interaction. (We feel the same way about Tusker House). But we did love the Super breakfast. It was a calmer way to start the day and going into the Grand Floridian is fun too. Of course, going earlier is always good as it gets you up and out for a day of fun, fun, fun.

I really want to see Alice & Mad Hatter as well as Mary Poppins. DS (6) and DH are not so sure. We've done other character breakfasts with the fab five but don't have any others scheduled on this trip.

Maybe I'll try to find another reservation on another day to do both but it has been hard to get Chef Mickey!!!

Thanks for the thoughts!

The Mad Hatter is an absolute hoot, and well worth the breakfast. We like Alice and Mary Poppins and all, but the Mad Hatter made our day each time we've done that breakfast.

One more thing I forgot to mention...we are staying at AKL and going to EPCOT that day. Which of those two will be the easiest to manage transportation wise?

One more thing I forgot to mention...we are staying at AKL and going to EPCOT that day. Which of those two will be the easiest to manage transportation wise?

Just came back yesterday and stayed at AKV. We did 1900 Park Fare. It was great. Doesn't really matter which one you do. Take bus to Magic Kingdom then take resort monorail to Contemporary, which is first stop or Grand Floridian, which is the third stop.

I double agreed with the 1900 Park Fare breakfast !

We do both dinner and breaklfast at 1900 Park Fare.
The atmosphere in the dining room is beautiful. The characaters are great and spend more time with you at the tables than at Chef Mickeys.
The room at 1900 Park Fare is very large - but it is much quieter than Chef Mickey's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter