ADR time for after cruise?

readytogotodisney

DIS Veteran
Once we disembark our cruise in Port Canaveral in May, we'll be heading to POFQ for 2 nights. For our first afternoon there, I want to make an ADR at Raglan Rd in DTD.
I don't want to make it too early, since this will be our first Disney cruise and I'm not sure how much time to allow for disembarkation and transportation to POFQ.
What would be the earliest that you would suggest? We'll be on the Dream and using the Disney buses.

Only 13 days until I can make ADR's - Thanks!

We have had 2 HORRIBLE experiences with DCL transportation after the cruise (as well as several good ones). We had a 12:30 ADR and didn't even get to our resort till then! We asked the resort to call the restaurant and there was not problem, but.....

DO NOT, under any circumstances, be on the last bus leaving PC. This is where all our problems came from. If you are eager to get off the ship and be on your way, you'll be on an earlier, efficient bus (going to at most 3 resorts). If you are on the last bus, you may spend 2 hours driving around WDW...and I'm NOT exaggerating. We were the last of 6 resorts the bus stopped at. We got to the bus podium about 8:30, but they were already loading the last runs...so we sat while they did the "sweep" of the ship to be sure all guests were off, etc. Long and not nice.

We were in the 8:00 a.m. breakfast group and were among the last to leave the Fantasy, were shuttled to our car, and made it to the Universal Studios area by noon. If you have the earlier breakfast and begin disembarkation by 8:00-ish, you could get to POFQ and check-in and be on your way to Raglan Road by noon. Are you planning to take a bus to DTD or will you use the boat? Either way, I think a 1:00 or 1:30 ADR would be easily attainable.

This may be clear from other posts, but if you are in the early dining rotation, you will get a 6:45 breakfast seating on disembarkation day; the late dining rotation will give you an 8:00 breakfast seating. Although it's nice to see your servers, you don't have to go to breakfast - the ship usually clears customs around 7:15 or 7:30 and you can just get off the boat then if you are worried about getting on your way to Orlando.

We ate early breakfast in the MDR and disembarked with the crowds after breakfast. However, it was a fairly quick process and using DCL transfer we arrived at CBR around 9:00am or so that morning (we were checked in, changed and DD was in the pool by 9:30am). We easily could have made an 11 or noon ADR at DTD. If you have late dining, you can either eat at the buffet breakfast earlier and have a noonish ADR, or do your assigned MDR breakfast and plan an ADR around 1pm or so.

Enjoy your cruise!

We had the early seating for dinner so we had the VERY early breakfast time and therefore wer off the boat very early as well. We arrived at the resort at 10:30 a.m. (they had a room ready for us!) and had no problems making our ADR (they were for Ragland Raod at 5:50 p.m.!). I didn't think we'd get back to WDW that early or I would have made other arrangements on the time of our ADR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter