ADR System Upgrade - History

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a ? for you guys. I've booked a reservation and made my dining ressies. We're thinking of changing dates a bit and moving resorts to upgrade. Will they automatically cancel all our dining ressies when I cancel the resort ressie? Will they transfer them to my new resort reservation number if I just request that?

Thinking about this I believe your reservation number should stay the same if you are just changing dates and/or resort but already have a vacation booked.

There must be a way to do it without a reservation number though - not everyone who makes ADR's are staying on property. :confused3

Your right, I didn't even think about people staying off site. That would be confusing if onsite is under a res # and offsite under a phone number. Anyone offsite who made ADR's what info did they need from you? I suppose they could have pulled my phone number off my reservation after I gave them the number too.

A res number should only be necessary if someone is looking to make use of the 90+days rule which on site guests can make use of.

Got a ? for you guys. I've booked a reservation and made my dining ressies. We're thinking of changing dates a bit and moving resorts to upgrade. Will they automatically cancel all our dining ressies when I cancel the resort ressie? Will they transfer them to my new resort reservation number if I just request that?

We changed resorts for our upcoming vacation in June and the reservation numbers stayed the same so they should not cancel your dining reservations if they are tied to your reservation number.

o.k....your dining reservations are not tied to your hotel. When they get reservations number that allows them to see your full information so they don't have to ask you for your phone number-they have it on your hotel ressie info. But the dining reservation goes with your phone number because that is the one thing everybody calling for dining reservations has...everyone calling do not have Disney hotel reservations...but everyone has a phone number so that's how the reservations are "filed" in the system.Yes the info on one reservation allows them to look at the other but they are not the same reservation so cancelling one does not cancel any other. That is why you get separate confirm numbers for your hotel room, and every single dining reservation is a separate confirm number: you can cancel any one of them and still have the rest.

We just did this recently for May trip...son cancelled his Disney hotel room, but kept his dining reservations when he was offered free room with a friend. All of our family dinner reservations are still in place even though the original hotel booking no longer exists. I know this for sure because we've called back twice to change them since the hotel cancellation. All of his dinner ressies are still there.

So the first night of our honeymoon is September 2nd and we are staying till September 9. Does that mean we can book our ADR's for our entire trip starting on 06/04????? Thanks so much in advance!

So the first night of our honeymoon is September 2nd and we are staying till September 9. Does that mean we can book our ADR's for our entire trip starting on 06/04????? Thanks so much in advance!

exactly...and congratulations!

I have a spreadsheet that may help you in figuring out the dates to make your reservations. Follow the link in my signiture and click on Downloads. It is free for any to use anytime. :banana:

We changed resorts for our upcoming vacation in June and the reservation numbers stayed the same so they should not cancel your dining reservations if they are tied to your reservation number.

It does make you wonder why Disney haven't spotted and closed that little loophole in their booking system doesn't it? Someone staying offsite could make a 10-day onsite hotel booking, book all their 90+10 dining reservations, and then just cancel the on-site hotel booking and get a full refund of their deposit.

Andre

So I started making our ADR on Thursday...We are doing a split stay so I have to call back on Monday to finish up...

My observation is this....The new system is VERY SLOW...It takes a long time for the system to find the reservation that you request...My wait time at the time of each request took way too long...

The very nice CM said over and over how sorry he was that it was taking so long and that they are "still working out the bugs"...I told him over and over it was not his fault...

But it was very pianful to sit there on the phone that long knowing I am going to have to do it again...

The CM also said that the bugs in the system are preventing the online ADR system from starting...Because it is bad enough that the staff has to work with the current problems...

I hope they work out the problems by our next trip :sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter