ADR System Upgrade - History

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure...you can call 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Now wether or not anyone will answer is another story! :lmao:
got me.....haha
now..let me ask..do they take ADR's on SAT or can I make them Fri or have to wait till mon????

You can call any day 7am-10pm Eastern, except on Christmas Eve and NYEve, which is 7am-8pm.

Tomorrow is the first day of our 90 day window! :yay: :yay: :yay:

I am so excited it is finally here that I probably won't get any sleep tonight!

Hope my boss is understanding tomorrow as to why I am sooooo tired!

EB

That's thinking positively! :lmao:
I do agree that all of the Disney web sites have major performance issues.
hopefully they will have it figured out before you go next year.
Our "90 day" date is March 30th!!!!:scared1:
So believe me.... I'm worried! This is a special vacation for our family and we plan on the luau and at least 2 character meals ..... :eek:
I hope I don't have major problems the morning of the 30th!

Our 90 day out is March 30th too!!! We will be there the same time you are. I am also very worried :scared: this is my first time booking ressies and I really want CRT for my little girl she's so excited and really wants to meet Cinderella. Wish you lots of luck also!:thumbsup2

Just wanted to offer a potential tip for those making ADRs...

Today was my 90-day mark, so I called at exactly 7AM (4AM on the west coast, where I am) to book my Backstage Magic tour, while the friend I'm traveling with called at the same time to make our ADRs.

I was on hold for under 10 minutes before I was put through to a CM who was able to make my tour reservation. I casually mentioned that she must be glad she's not in the ADR department for dining, because I'd heard it's crazy. She agreed, but said that she does ADRs for food sometimes, too.

Then, and here's where it gets good: she offered to make all of our ADRs! Woohoo! Meanwhile, while all of this was happening, my friend was still on hold. He waited on hold about 15 minutes into my starting to make our ADRs with the CM before hanging up. All in all, I was on the phone from 7AM-7:43AM... made my tour reservation and 19 ADRs. And we got everything we wanted - everything! Within 15 minutes! Popular places!

Maybe consider asking for someone in the tour department, then trying to convince them to make your dining ADRs?

Hope everyone else calling this morning is having as good luck as I had!

^That's a good tip...I'm at my 90 day mark today and I've already been on hold with dining over an hour. :headache: I'm not going to hang up though, I've already stuck it out this long and I'm getting some web surfing done while I'm waiting. :surfweb:

I just hope I can book everything I want for the week after being on hold this long!

Hi,

Could anybody tell me which is (or was) the last day to make ADR within the 180 days frame?

I have hotel reservations for September 12-19 and I would like to know how early can I make ADR.

Thanks

Hi,

Could anybody tell me which is (or was) the last day to make ADR within the 180 days frame?

I have hotel reservations for September 12-19 and I would like to know how early can I make ADR.

Thanks

There is no 180 day time frame any more. It is 90 days. Whether it will some day go back to 180 days is uncertain, but it seems doubtful at this point.

Your first available day to call (or do it online if it is working by then :) ) is June 14th. If you are staying on-site, you can probably book all your ADRs then, although as I've said earlier in the thread not at tables are released prior to the exact 90 day point, so you may need to call back for some of the tougher reservations.

I've been on the phone with dining for 45 minutes and STILL do not have a single reservation.

The first CM I spoke with all but hung up on me (basically trasferred me to another CM).

This craziness with populating the field with your resort reservation number is nonsense. I understand the reasoning, but come ON - this is a pretty major bug to get worked out. (we're staying at Dolphin, which **I KNOW** is not technically a Disney property, but they're saying that if we'd made our reservation through AAA it would have given us a Disney number).

So now, they've tried the hard sell on the dining plan (we're APers, have the Tables in Wonderland card, are traveling with another group who is not getting/does not want the dining plan), and generally, am just getting more and more angry as this phone call wears on.

And now they've confirmed - no +10 available for Dolphin any longer.

So put up for this for the next 10 days?!?! Faaaaaaabulous. This new system is:
1. Slow.
2. Not well known by the CMs (I'm on my third one now)
3. Very glitchy.

I agree with the poster who noted all the issues with the Passholder site, the Disney store site, and the general Disney site. Heck, even the stupid movie rewards site is down more than it's up.

I just fail to believe that Disney's multi-billion dollar organization can't get a better IT system than this.

(vent over.)

Hi,

Thanks

Everything is 90 days now. There was a temporary exception to the 90 day rule. CRT, CM and V&A were able to be booked up through June 19th. As soon as it's 90 days prior to June 19, they will be on the same 90 day schedule as all other locations.

:)

I've been on the phone with dining for 45 minutes and STILL do not have a single reservation.

Hmm...I literally just called for a single ADR for June 6th. I called the dining specific number - [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]407-WDW-DINE, went through the "yes/no" stuff, pressed "1" for reservations after May 26th (through June 17th - back to that in a second), waited about 30 seconds and got a CM. She asked for my reservation number, asked the usualy questions (mailing address and phone number), then looked up my request. Done in just a couple of minutes.

I'm 89 days out, and the Sci-Fi Dine In is already closed for lunch and all I could get was a 4:10pm dinner. But it is SWW...

After I got the reservation I asked her a question about the 90+10 for onsite guests - was it 10 days in addition to the checkin date, or 10 days total (i.e. if checking in on the 1st, you can book through and including the 10th), and she very unequivocally said it was 10 days total - which is what I though. I bring it up though because of two things: The recorded message while on hold indicated that on-site guests could book reservations "for their entire stay", with no qualifier. I don't know if it has always said that, but as far as I know it is wrong (at least for anyone staying over 10 days).

Second, the prerecorded message said "for reservations from March 26th through June 17th". Today would be 90 days prior to June 7th. 90+10, according to her (and myself) that would be up through the 16th...

[/FONT]

Our 90 day out is March 30th too!!! We will be there the same time you are. I am also very worried :scared: this is my first time booking ressies and I really want CRT for my little girl she's so excited and really wants to meet Cinderella. Wish you lots of luck also!:thumbsup2
Nevermind, just read an above post.

There is no 180 day time frame any more. It is 90 days. Whether it will some day go back to 180 days is uncertain, but it seems doubtful at this point.

Your first available day to call (or do it online if it is working by then :) ) is June 14th. .

Everything is 90 days now. There was a temporary exception to the 90 day rule. CRT, CM and V&A were able to be booked up through June 19th. As soon as it's 90 days prior to June 19, they will be on the same 90 day schedule as all other locations.

:)

Thanks so much for your answers, so, there is no more 180 day at CRT and CM?

Should I wait until June 14th for all my ressies??

Thanks so much for your answer, so, there is no more 180 day at CRT and CM?

Should I wait until June 14th for all my ressies??

no more 180 day for CRT or CM or V&A. Yes, you'll call on June 14th for your ressies. If there are any changes I'm sure they'll be posted here.

Hmm...I literally just called for a single ADR for June 6th. I called the dining specific number - [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]407-WDW-DINE, went through the "yes/no" stuff, pressed "1" for reservations after May 26th (through June 17th - back to that in a second), waited about 30 seconds and got a CM. She asked for my reservation number, asked the usualy questions (mailing address and phone number), then looked up my request. Done in just a couple of minutes.
[/FONT]

I was expecting that to be my experience, too, Doc, but alas....

This honestly was only my second unpleasant ADR phone call ever (and we're talking a good four dozen or so calls over the last few years - including during the blizzard of 2005 :scared1: ). I suppose I was quick to toss the blame to the poor training/glitchy system issues.

Now that I'm looking at calls for the next six days, I suppose I'll have a variety of experiences to more adequately evaluate it, eh?

FYI, although the oft-linked PS Caculator is nice, its a bit clunky in my eyes. So I've written what is at the moment a simpler (and hopefully clearer) ADR calculator. Give it a try and PM me if you have any suggestions or comments.

I've written it so that exceptions (such as the current CRT/V&A/CM June 19th exception) would be easy to incorporate, either as a note or an actual calculator.

You can get to it on my site linked below or more directly here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter