ADR System Upgrade - History

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did my reservations yesterday for 5/20-5/27 I did the 20th thru 25th with one agent and she had to transfer me to another agent to do the 26th. She stated it was the new system but it worked out fine so I guess the 26th is the date the new system is being used for. I got a 12 digit confirmation not an 8 digit.

I called today and spoke to a VERY nice CM that explained it all quote well..

All reservations made for May 26 and onward will be in the new system...

So yes... some people are trapped in this period of having to make ADRs with two different CM for the different halves of their trips....

I got all my ADR's this morning..and me too...could not book Cape May Cafe character breakfast for the 26th!
Not worried as I am not thinking it will be booked the day after Memorial Day...
we ae here the day after Labor Day and it was great, no crowds!

We have been trying for 3 trips to get reservations for CRT. We are going to try again for August and were going to stay onsite and then decided it was best to stay on the Marriott points we have.

My question is will I be able to get breakfast CRT reservations with a 90 day window or should we stay at WDW for just one night and then transfer over to our other hotel for the remainder of the stay. Is it correct this would give us an extra 10 days out? My daughter is 4 and really wants to see the castle.

What would happen if we would cancel the room reservation at WDW? Would they cancel our dining reservations we made or would those stay intact.

THanks!princess:

Call Now! There are 3 restaurants that still fall under the 180 reservation time until June 19, 2009. Cinderella's Round Table is one of them. If you call at 90 days you will probably not get in. Good Luck. (Chef Mickey's is another one and I can't remember the 3rd one off the top of my head.)

Call Now! There are 3 restaurants that still fall under the 180 reservation time until June 19, 2009. Cinderella's Round Table is one of them. If you call at 90 days you will probably not get in. Good Luck. (Chef Mickey's is another one and I can't remember the 3rd one off the top of my head.)

No....not true. They are all only taking ressies at the 90 day mark now. During the transition they were taking ressie 180 days out up to June 19th. But since that is now under the 180 day mark everything is now 90 days out.
If you are going in August your 90 day mark will be sometime in May.(Mine is May 28th!!!:laughing: )

I'm the one who reported it earlier in the week. The new system is called ala carte. I made the very first ala carte dining reservation. They don't seem to put the new prompt up (for reservations after May 25th press 1) until later in the morning. If the prompt is not up, ask the cm who answers your call to transfer you to ala carte. I did this several days in a row and got all of the reservations I wanted for a party of five. I even got an illuminations cruise on Memorial day weekend!!:goodvibes

oh you are lucky! We are there Memorial Day weekend too! But could not get an Illum cruise.
Have fun!

No....not true. They are all only taking ressies at the 90 day mark now. During the transition they were taking ressie 180 days out up to June 19th. But since that is now under the 180 day mark everything is now 90 days out.
If you are going in August your 90 day mark will be sometime in May.(Mine is May 28th!!!:laughing: )

Chef Mickeys is most certainly still 180 days as I booked it yesterday for 27th May. That is 4 days outside of my 90 day window. Its only if you wish to dine up to 19th June.
The CM said she was able to book that due to the 180 day rule and she did it on the old system for me. I got an 8 digit ressie number.

Chef Mickeys is most certainly still 180 days as I booked it yesterday for 27th May. That is 4 days outside of my 90 day window. Its only if you wish to dine up to 19th June.
The CM said she was able to book that due to the 180 day rule and she did it on the old system for me. I got an 8 digit ressie number.

As I understood it, you can still book CRT, CM and V&A past the 90 day window, but no later than June 19th. On March 21st, where the 90 day window catches up to June 19th, they will be 90 days as well.

They are probably using the old system for those locations regardless of the date up through June 19th, and will cut over to the new system once the 90 day window gets there.

As I understood it, you can still book CRT, CM and V&A past the 90 day window, but no later than June 19th. On March 21st, where the 90 day window catches up to June 19th, they will be 90 days as well.

They are probably using the old system for those locations regardless of the date up through June 19th, and will cut over to the new system once the 90 day window gets there.

You are 100% correct. Chef Mickey's, CRT and Victoria and Albert's are NOT 180 days but are available through June 19.

There's more of an explanation in the first post of this thread, but basically it boils down to "you can't call past June 19 for reservations for these three" Once we're 90 days outside of June 19 - those three will be 90 days like everything else.

I'm the one who reported it earlier in the week. The new system is called ala carte. I made the very first ala carte dining reservation. They don't seem to put the new prompt up (for reservations after May 25th press 1) until later in the morning. If the prompt is not up, ask the cm who answers your call to transfer you to ala carte. I did this several days in a row and got all of the reservations I wanted for a party of five. I even got an illuminations cruise on Memorial day weekend!!:goodvibes

Could you please explain more about the ala carte dining? Is this an addition to the regular dining reservation system? What is different using ala carte?

thanks

EB

I am so glad that all my ADR's have been made for my May trip and I don't have to worry about it anymore. :cloud9: Matter of fact, I think I am going to call today and reconfirm them all just to be safe.

When if they go to online reservation system, would this most likely mean reservation windows would open at midnight 90 days out? What I'm wondering is if they will open that slot up at midnight or conitnue to wait until 7am. Seems a little unfair to those without internet access (mainly older people).

thank you Tricia for updating this thread - - I almost started a thread on the online system :rolleyes1

but I figure no one knows for sure... so I will stay tuned for any rumors, hints or ideas on how online will work - I was thinking it would be faster to get the CRT on the phone vs online - until I read the last post about being able to do it at 12:01 am!!

we arent going until Jan '10 so I'll stay tuned if the adr's change back to 180 or not (pure rumor/speculation - but it was on page one of this thread) it seems like 90 days is the voice of reason (park hours related) but never say never!

The only thing constant in this world is CHANGE!!
:wizard:

Yes thats exactly what I was trying to say. You most certainly can't book it past 19th June. Anyone who wishes to dine after the 19th June will need to use the 90 day rule.

The 3 restaurants mentioned are bookable under the 180 day rule, ie they are available sooner than 90 days out for dining up to 19th June.
I just don't think I worded it correctly.:goodvibes

What TIME can we book these? I am asking because like say on the cruise if you're at 90 days out the next day- you can book that night (for us 11pm CST) -is it the same for ADR's or after like 6am on the day of or what? Midnight or sometime in the morning? When is the actual time you can start trying to get your ADRs? thanks!

What TIME can we book these? I am asking because like say on the cruise if you're at 90 days out the next day- you can book that night (for us 11pm CST) -is it the same for ADR's or after like 6am on the day of or what? Midnight or sometime in the morning? When is the actual time you can start trying to get your ADRs? thanks!

Disney Dining opens at 7am eastern (disney time) you can call them at 407-wdw-dine

you can book 90 days from the day you want to eat somewhere. you can use http://pscalculator.net/ to find the date to call.

I was trying to call today for ADR"S since today is my 90 day window for May 22. today when I called I could not book past May 25. The CM did not know why that was but all she said was it would not show any ressies for that day and on. Don't know when I will be ablel to book for the rest of my trip. I guess I will keep trying everyday. What a pain

I'm just glad that my ADRs don't need to made until March 25. I think this will give them enough time to work out the kinks (or maybe not. . . )

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter