ADR suggestions for family of 4 going to WDW for their first (maybe only) time

Definitely visit Animal Kingdom Lodge and eat at Boma. They have breakfast and dinner. Both are fantastic.

While at AKL, you can see the animals. There is a story telling around the campfire at night.

Sanaa - EXCELLENT FOOD & VIEW OF ANIMALS WHILE EATING
Crystal Palace - Good breakfast food and great character interaction w/ Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, and Piglet
Teppan Edo - fun hibachi restaurant w/ good food
Yachtsman Steakhouse - great signature restaurant

If you have never eaten in Cinderella's Castle take your kids there for breakfast. Do it one time for the experience so your kids can say they ate in the castle in Magic Kingdom and princesses are there. Go for breakfast as this is the cheapest meal. The food is not the greatest but it will be a memorable experience for your kids.

Character dining:
Crystal Palace
Tusker House
Garden Grill
Cinderella's Royal Table
Ohana (bfast)
1900 Park Fare

Non-character dining:
Biergarten
Ohana (dinner)
Kona Cafe
Cali Grill (if you want a signature)

I think these would be convenient, family friendly, and good choices for a once-in-a-lifetime trip.

We used to be reluctant to do table service food inside the parks, until we realized what a refreshing break it is from the heat in October. The 50s Prime Time Cafe at Hollywood Studios is really great--food, interaction, and desserts are all fantastic. My favorites are the fried chicken and the PB&J milkshake! To say nothing of the goofy waiter who made my daughter stand in the corner...we got hilarious video of that! It's on the plan again for our upcoming trip, and will probably be a tradition. :)

Well it's been a trial but finally got my ADRs done, pretty much with what I wanted (if not exactly the times or days).

thanks to all for your suggestions and opinions. This is what I've booked - it might be too much, but we will see.

Fri 16
Chef Mickeys 10:50

Sat 17
~~Cindy's 10:20am~~ Will probably cancel as I got a pre-open reservation on the 25th
Crystal Palace 11:30
Plaza 6:20pm

Sun 18
Hoop Dee Doo 4:00pm

Mon 19
Hollywood and vine 11:00
Sci Fi 5:30pm

Tues 20
~~Be Our Guest 11:30am~~ Will probably cancel as I managed to get a reservation for the 25th, and this is the day we move from AOA to GF

Wed 21
Sanaa 5:15pm

Thurs 22
1900 Park Fare 5:05pm

Fri 23
Akershus 12:00pm
Biergarten 6:30pm

Sat 24
1900 Park Fare 8:00am
Ohana 5:05pm

Sun 25
Cindy's 8:05am
Be Our Guest 1:00pm

Mon 26
Coral Reef 11:35am
Yachtsman Steakhouse 5:30pm

I just found this thread and I'm SO glad you're doing Sanaa!! I only saw one or two recommendations for it; we've been twice and think it's one of the best TS restaurants on property :thumbsup2 We tried Yachtsman for the 1st time last month and it was fabulous so I think that's another great choice.
Too bad you couldn't get BOG for dinner, unless you only wanted lunch -then great lol. That's another one of our favorite TS's. Had dinner there 5x and are hoping to go again in Nov. We've been to a number of your choices, I think your family will be happy :goodvibes

Yet another vote for tusker house! I loved CRT just eating in the castle is so special. The cost is high, we went for a mom and daughter lunch while my husband and son had hot dogs and rode rides (son was 15months)
This time we are going as a family, my daughter will be 8 and I think she won't be as excited about the princesses in the future :)

Well it's been a trial but finally got my ADRs done, pretty much with what I wanted (if not exactly the times or days).

thanks to all for your suggestions and opinions. This is what I've booked - it might be too much, but we will see.

Fri 16
Chef Mickeys 10:50

Sat 17
~~Cindy's 10:20am~~ Will probably cancel as I got a pre-open reservation on the 25th
Crystal Palace 11:30
Plaza 6:20pm

Sun 18
Hoop Dee Doo 4:00pm

Mon 19
Hollywood and vine 11:00
Sci Fi 5:30pm

Tues 20
~~Be Our Guest 11:30am~~ Will probably cancel as I managed to get a reservation for the 25th, and this is the day we move from AOA to GF

Wed 21
Sanaa 5:15pm

Thurs 22
1900 Park Fare 5:05pm

Fri 23
Akershus 12:00pm
Biergarten 6:30pm

Sat 24
1900 Park Fare 8:00am
Ohana 5:05pm

Sun 25
Cindy's 8:05am
Be Our Guest 1:00pm

Mon 26
Coral Reef 11:35am
Yachtsman Steakhouse 5:30pm

Regarding Coral Reef, Akershus and Biergarten , my only concern is that it's super fun to try out all the CS food and snacks in the World Showcase. It's one of my favorite things to do at DisneyWorld. Just something to consider. Regardless, even if that's a valid point for you, there's no harm in keeping the reservations you have until you get there and can better decide.

I found it best for our family to not have park hoppers. When they were little it took up took up too much time and they found it tiring. Here are my families favorites that we return to over and over: Hoop Dee Doo (we go EVERY time-it's a great dinner show), Crystal Palace Breakfast (Favorite Character Meal), Ohana's, Boma (good to try new things but they also have some standard items as well), Whispering Canyon, 1900 Park Fare (for the Characters) and 50's Prime time. Looking forward to trying new restaurants next time as well.

Counter Services we love: Yorkshire Fish Shop (our favorite counter service if you like Fish and Chips), Flame Tree Barbeque, Casey's, Cosmic Rays, and Columbia Harbour House.

Best of luck planning! The Disboards are priceless in helping plan. Be careful-Disney was addicting to us. Our trip of a lifetime has turned into returning back to Disney about every other year!

I wouldn't waste time travelling for food either and if you are doing a split stay already there are enough options close by to make your trip memorable. The food court at Art of Animation is quite good especially the Indian and gelato selections. At Grand Floridian your kids would probably enjoy 1900 Park Fare for breakfast and dinner (Breakfast character are Alice, Mad Hatter, Pooh, Tigger, and Mary Poppins. Dinner characters are Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tramine and the stepsisters Anastasia and Drizella). The Princess Tea Party at the Grand Floridian has Princes Aurora and might be a real treat for your girls.

In the other resorts on the monorail the character breakfast with Lilo and Stitch at the Polynesian is nice and a lot of people like the dinner at Ohana.

In the parks some great choices are Tusker House, Be Our Guest, Crystal Palace, and Sci Fi.

You picked great restuarants but if I could steer you away from Coral Reef, I would. Frankly, we've been at least 5 times and it has never been good. The atmosphere provided you are directly next to the aquarium is great but the food is. not. good. at. all. It is a restuarant under the sea and the seafood execution has been consistently terrible. If you come from a place with access to really good seafood, you will be disappointed here. There are so many delicious and cool restuarants in Epcot (Teppan Edo is really neat! And my kids are similar ages to yours and love it!). San Angel Inn is another of our favorites. Via Napoli is good too as is the Chefs de France and Rose and Crown. Even just going to the french bakery for a lite lunch and skipping the sit down all together. Especially if eating at the Yachtsman later, maybe a lite lunch would be better. Anyway, this is just my (obviously very strong :) ) opinion. You'll find there are a lot of those around here. :)

You picked great restuarants but if I could steer you away from Coral Reef, I would. Frankly, we've been at least 5 times and it has never been good. The atmosphere provided you are directly next to the aquarium is great but the food is. not. good. at. all. It is a restuarant under the sea and the seafood execution has been consistently terrible. If you come from a place with access to really good seafood, you will be disappointed here. There are so many delicious and cool restuarants in Epcot (Teppan Edo is really neat! And my kids are similar ages to yours and love it!). San Angel Inn is another of our favorites. Via Napoli is good too as is the Chefs de France and Rose and Crown. Even just going to the french bakery for a lite lunch and skipping the sit down all together. Especially if eating at the Yachtsman later, maybe a lite lunch would be better. Anyway, this is just my (obviously very strong :) ) opinion. You'll find there are a lot of those around here. :)

Oh ... the french bakery. Love that place. We had lunch there twice on our last trip, and I plan to do the same on our next one. I have not eaten at Coral Reef, but I agree about the wealth of interesting choices in the World Showcase. My daughter, too, loves Teppan Edo.

I might still move things and drop things depending on how we feel... but given we will be going to Yachtsman, we might just grab a light lunch from Coral Reef - the kids would love the decor and atmosphere. I'm not expecting too much from it food-wise.

I really love all of the options you came up with! One last thing to keep in mind is that if during your trip you decide that you just want a convenient and easy meal, you can always get room service at the GF. I have read on the boards that you can usually order from Narcoosees when getting room service at the GF which might be good for a nice meal if your two year old isn't great about sitting at the dinner table for a signature dinner. Have fun!

And keep the Coral Reef. Even with bad reviews, it was our favorite meal of the trip for atmosphere, service, and good steak, mashed potatoes, and chocolate wave dessert.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter