ADR Sci-Fi Booked@180 Days?

Paul From MA

Earning My Ears
Has anyone else had this problem? I have been trying to make a reservation at Sci-Fi now for 7 days no matter what I day or time that I try it indicates that there are no available times. I find it hard to believe this at 180 days out at 8am. Have tried calling and the rep said the same thing that they are booked up.Asked if this was a computer problem and received a definite none answer. Any thing else to try other than checking daily??

Sci Fi is a popular place & does usually book up, but not that quick! We are a party of 2 & can usually get a dinner reservation a few months out, even if we can't get lunch. I just checked a bit & can get dinner times for 2 or 4 for the whole last week in October. November 1 seems to be the starting point of no availability. And since 10/31 is a Wed & 11/1 is Thursday, seems highly unlikely they would fully booked all of a sudden, in the middle of the week. And for every day too. Not very likely. There was a rumor of a possible rehab/ remodel a few months ago. I wonder if that is really going to happen? They may be holding off releasing ADRs in anticipation of that. I would keep trying & keep an eye out for any rehab announcement. If there is a rehab, at least you'll know & if things get cancelled/ postponed they might release ADRs at any time & with no announcements. Good luck, hopefully you get what you want. Sci Fi is one of our favorite "only at Disney" restaurants.

sign up for Touring Plans Reservation Finder. I had the same problem, wanted Sci-Fi and none could be found. 2 days later I got my ADR but then dropped it for HBD. The first week of November I hear there's quite a few events going on (marathon & something else - maybe end of F&W? as well as the beginning of Jersey Week)

Apparently, and I just realized this for this upcoming trip as well, that this is one of the hardest to get ADRs in all of WDW. I signed on and got mine at 180+2, but even then could only get something like 3pm lunch.

My suggestion would be try something like touring plans reservation finder and hope for the best.

Good luck!

Has anyone else had this problem? I have been trying to make a reservation at Sci-Fi now for 7 days no matter what I day or time that I try it indicates that there are no available times. I find it hard to believe this at 180 days out at 8am. Have tried calling and the rep said the same thing that they are booked up.Asked if this was a computer problem and received a definite none answer. Any thing else to try other than checking daily??
I agree with you that this seems strange, unless you have a great big group or something. I’d definitely keep checking. Good luck!

I had (3) family members attempting to make lunch reservations for Sci Fi on Tuesday, November 13th at 6am 180 days out on the dot and NOTHING was available. We continued to try over the next hour and would find a few (2) person ressies at like 2:55pm (we were trying for a party of 4), and finally gave up. Something fishy there, even though supposedly all these BOT sites for securing ADR's have been shut down. :furious:

I am trying to get reservations at Sci Fi for Nov 3 or 4 for lunch or dinner and I am having no luck. I thought my DD and I were the only people who liked that place LOL!!

This and Beaches and Cream are the two ADR which we really are "must dos" for us in Jan. I hope we can get Sci Fi without much issue :/

This and Beaches and Cream are the two ADR which we really are "must dos" for us in Jan. I hope we can get Sci Fi without much issue :/

Reading my mind ! Was just about to post the same ! First two Adrs I make now are B & C and then Sci-Fi - used to be BoG and Ohana needed to be booked first

Reading my mind ! Was just about to post the same ! First two Adrs I make now are B & C and then Sci-Fi - used to be BoG and Ohana needed to be booked first
It feels like all restuarants are a little difficult to scoop up these days. I need to get together the restaurants we need to scoop up as son as our 180 days opens. I know hubby wants Sci fi and I want B&C. We have been discussing BOG but with the menu change that one is iffy...although we want to meet Beast...

I had (3) family members attempting to make lunch reservations for Sci Fi on Tuesday, November 13th at 6am 180 days out on the dot and NOTHING was available. We continued to try over the next hour and would find a few (2) person ressies at like 2:55pm (we were trying for a party of 4), and finally gave up. Something fishy there, even though supposedly all these BOT sites for securing ADR's have been shut down. :furious:
I sent a note to guest services for what it worth

I was finally able to book Sci Fi for lunch on Nov 3rd. I kept checking for availability several times a day and it finally popped up! I hope the rest of you have luck securing the Sci Fi also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter