• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ADR required for lunch too

vatmark

DIS Veteran
I will be going to Disney late Oct into Nov. and was wondering is it necessary to make Advanced Dining Reservations for lunch at places such as Sci-fi dine in or 50's prime time cafe? Thanks!

Annie

I think for popular places like Sci-Fi if you want to get in with no waiting ADR is a must.

You are not going during the most crowded time of the year.

Okay thanks! I wasn't sure if they were a must. I don't want to be waiting around to try and get in so I think I will make an ADR. Gosh my head is spinning with all this planning.

Annie

Oh yes you will definatly want an ADR. We go the week after Thanksgiving where it tends to be pretty slow. We have seen people turned away from Sci-Fi and 50's who did not have a ADR for lunch, even for the rest of the day.

So if you know you want to eat there, don't chance and make the ADR.

We went to WDW at the end of Oct./beginning of Nov. last year. We tried to make ADR's (PS' then) about 4 weeks before our trip and were unable to get ADR's for lunch at Le Cellier or Chefs. Right before our trip, we caught a cancellation at Rose & Crown. You will definitely need ADR's at the more popular restaurants.

we base ADR (PS) by the early opening/late closing schedule. does anyone here know if it's been announce for the week of & after Thanksgiving?
We like to do TS in the early opening park

Thanks in advance!
:)
Jean

We've never had one for the Sci-Fi unless we made it that day for later. We are always there at the busy times. We also have a go with the flow attitude and were willing to take any time or another place. THey're all great at MGM!

A tip: We recently just returned and we stopped to make one when we arrived for lunch. Mind you it was already almost 12. We wanted the Sci-Fi and all that was available was 2:00. We said ok and were going to get a snack. Dh was really hungry & we walked back to check to see how long the wait would be and there was none! So we canceled our 2:00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter