ADR Question

fishersman

Earning My Ears
We are planning a September trip and am at the 180 day point. Tried to get in at BOG, but of course its full and this was 30 seconds after 6am. I went ahead and made backup elsewhere. My question is this, I know Disney only allows 1 ADR at a time with a 2 hour window. I plan to keep checking for BOG, but how can I grab it if I already have a back up in place? I would hate to cancel them miss BOG and loose my backup.

If I remember correctly, the system will tell you that you already have a reservation during that time window and ask if you want to replace the current reservation with the new one. The system will remove your backup reservation and make your reservation for BOG.

I couldn't get MDE app to work to make changes so I just called in. I did it this past weekend and it was easy. We even got a CRT reservation when we made the change. We are 90 days out.

Hmmm, when I did my ADRs last week, I was able to reserve tables at 2 places for the same time frame. It did note that I had a reservation at that time, but still let me do it. Then I just went and cancelled the other one after securing the one I really wanted (BOG).

In fact, I currently have an ADR at Rose & Crown for 715pm and one at Artist Point for 745pm on the same day. Still not sure what we're going to do, but will most likely cancel Artist Point this week.

This was all on the website, as the MDE app kept telling me no tables were available and wouldn't let me search for tables past my first day.

We are planning a September trip and am at the 180 day point. Tried to get in at BOG, but of course its full and this was 30 seconds after 6am. I went ahead and made backup elsewhere. My question is this, I know Disney only allows 1 ADR at a time with a 2 hour window. I plan to keep checking for BOG, but how can I grab it if I already have a back up in place? I would hate to cancel them miss BOG and loose my backup.

The system will tell you that you need to replace the old reservation and ask if that is what you want to do. It will allow you to make the new one and deleter the old one at the same time.

The BOG reservations are always gone at the 180 day mark.:mad: We did get a reservation last year about 30 days out when someone else cancelled. It was lat though at 8:30PM. Good luck getting in. I heard (don't shoot the messenger) that if you go to MK in the morning and ask at the front of the restaurant, they usually have openings at dinner from cancellations not put back into the reservation system. We didn't try it so not sure if it works or not.

The system's a bit glitchy right now - I have a couple of days for our May trip where I have ADRs at the same time in different parks.

I kept waiting for the window to pop up asking me if I wanted to cancel the first one, but it never appeared.

Thanks much.. My fears are relieved. I was lucky to get into BOG last year. I had made the ADR the first day BOG accepted reservations. We don't usually stay on site as we prefer a vacation home rental, so that was probably the first and last. But I will keep trying.

I booked WCC for 15 minutes later than my original reservation and it let me keep both. It noted that they were in the same time frame but that was it. I then went in after the fact and deleted the first one.

It seems you cannot do reservations for Lunch at BOG. Has anyone had success doing a walk up for lunch? We don't mind waiting an hour or so to go...

It seems you cannot do reservations for Lunch at BOG. Has anyone had success doing a walk up for lunch? We don't mind waiting an hour or so to go...

There are no ADRs for lunch. It is a modified counter service restaurant at lunch. You can try to get a FP reservation for BOG lunch, which will let you skip the normal line for ordering and getting a seat. You can also entirely preorder your meals if you'd like with the FP+ option. You need to go to http://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com to set up that FP.

There are no ADRs for lunch. It is a modified counter service restaurant at lunch. You can try to get a FP reservation for BOG lunch, which will let you skip the normal line for ordering and getting a seat. You can also entirely preorder your meals if you'd like with the FP+ option. You need to go to http://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com to set up that FP.

Thanks, I tried the FP option with no luck, I wasn't sure what the other option was so I just skipped it. I will get trying for an ADR, we aren't going until August so maybe something will open up.

Thanks, I tried the FP option with no luck, I wasn't sure what the other option was so I just skipped it. I will get trying for an ADR, we aren't going until August so maybe something will open up.
FP for lunch do not open up until much closer to the date of travel. Definitely wouldn't be up for August yet. I think it's between 30-60 days out.

FP for lunch do not open up until much closer to the date of travel. Definitely wouldn't be up for August yet. I think it's between 30-60 days out.

Right now, it's opening up about 2 weeks-a month in advance. August FP+ most likely won't be available until sometime in late June-July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter