ADR No Show Fee - Has anyone actually been charged?

I was charged when we DID show up. I guess the hostess never checked us in properly. Luckily we were on the DDP and all they had to do was go back and see that we used our credits there because I don't keep my receipts to prove it. If you pay cash, keep your receipts, because it's the only way to get your card credited if they charge you.

Yep for me too. Forgot to cancel an ADR, which is why I now only make them day of, and for charged $60 for our party of 6. Also so you know the cancellation deadline is midnight they day prior not 24 hours.

I was also charged for one we showed up for. For SIXTEEN people. $160 charged to my credit card. I called and told them I was there, and they pulled my room folio history to verify it. They reversed the charge, then charged me AGAIN! :furious: I had a chat with Guest Relations about it after I sent them a rather terse e-mail. The guy could not understand why it charged me again, and they refunded it again. My friend was charged $80 as a no show for the same restaurant on the same day. It was also an error. Keep a very close eye on the card you use to secure your ADRs.

And hopefully people will remember that if they cancel a vacation they have to cancel all of their ADRs separately. Canceling a resort does not wipe out your ADRs.

Tip for avoiding the fees if you can't make the reservation. Call Disney Dining, and ask them to reschedule the ADR for a much later date, then when you get home you can just cancel it and avoid the No Show Fee. I've done this a couple times, when we have been stuck in parks, or too relaxed at the resort.

Always check your credit card because we were also charged for a no show when we had the concierge staff change the time we were dining. We changed from 6:00 to 9:30 at the same restaurant because we just weren't hungry but were charged with a no show.

I was charged for a no show at Via Napoli even though we did show up and dined there. I was charged $20 for a reservation for 2, on the card I had used to make the reservation. Luckily, I had used my magic band to charge the meal to the room. I called Disney and they were able to check my room charges and see that we were indeed there. They refunded the charges to my credit card. Apparently someone failed to check us in.

Tip for avoiding the fees if you can't make the reservation. Call Disney Dining, and ask them to reschedule the ADR for a much later date, then when you get home you can just cancel it and avoid the No Show Fee. I've done this a couple times, when we have been stuck in parks, or too relaxed at the resort.

That shouldn't actually work, and I personally would never expect it to work at all. I think you got major pixie dust there.

Is this true? Good to know. When we went in June there was one ADR we weren't in the mood for, and was at a totally different park from where we were. We had to practically break our necks to get there!

Also, I hate that the $10 is per Person, as opposed to per ADR. I think it's unfair to penalize more for bigger parties. And let's face it, they aren't ever going to lose money on that ADR. There are 10 million walking up that day hoping to score a table. They should give you until 2 hours prior to the ADR to cancel.

Just my opinions, but I really hate this policy.

My DH became ill on the last day of our trip this year, and they did not charge me for canceling dinner at BOG. He went back to the resort around noon, and when DS and I came back around 2 PM it was quite apparent he was not going to be able to go to dinner. When I called Dining the lady said she "would see" if she could waive the fee for me, and we were not charged. That is the only time we have ever had to cancel an ADR on the day of, so maybe they can see that in the system.

Just my opinions, but I really hate this policy.

I do too. But I more hate the many, many, many people who used to make multiple reservations at the same time "just in case" or so they wouldn't have to decide until the last minute. That caused many of us to not be able to get a reservation. Shame on them.

But, it appears the same IT people programmed this ADR system as the MDE software, well known for losing FP+ reservations and even admission tickets! Shame on Disney for causing situations like the one here to happen, ever. Then they expect YOU to "prove" you ate there so they will "agree" to remove the charge?

It's a combination of extremely rude guests and less than fully competent IT and management.

Luckily, it works almost all the time. I just dread the day I walk up to the turnstile and they tell me my admission is not valid, or the day I see a charge on my credit card for an ADR no-show when we did eat there. Then the encounter with customer "service" begins.

Until then, though, we are having a great time visiting and eating at Disney. I just am stressed hearing about all the problems others are having.

Actually it's a well known loophole.

Yes, this absolutely will work as long as you CALL to change it, not try to change it online.

I get people dislike the policy, but this is such a crappy thing to do. Does anyone really wonder why Disney keeps making these asinine policies? :confused3

As soon as people doing this starts to dip into the legitimate charges they'll just stop making exceptions. And that really sucks for people who get sick, have a disability, or have an emergency.

I think it's a safe assumption that the same people that that cause the policy changes are the ones who complain the loudest about them. :rolleyes:

I get people dislike the policy, but this is such a crappy thing to do. Does anyone really wonder why Disney keeps making these asinine policies? :confused3 As soon as people doing this starts to dip into the legitimate charges they'll just stop making exceptions. And that really sucks for people who get sick, have a disability, or have an emergency. I think it's a safe assumption that the same people that that cause the policy changes are the ones who complain the loudest about them. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying people should abuse this "loophole" to make a bunch of ADRs and then decide last minute when to keep! I would only use it for the reasons you stated (sickness, etc) or if I had a travel delay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter