ADR hold with credit card, switch to Dining Plan?

stackyallred

DIS Veteran
I'm hoping someone can answer my question: Can you hold a reservation at Hoop Dee Doo Revue with a credit card but then switch that reservation over to being paid with the Dining Plan? We are renting points to stay at DVC the second half of our trip but won't be able to pay to add the Dining Plan until about 8 weeks before our trip (I took a part time job to pay for this trip and we just pay for things as we have the cash for them). Our concern is that if we don't hold the reservation now, the night and category we want will be booked. If it can't be done, we will just take our chances and hope for the best, but I thought I would ask the experts here and see if anyone knew... Thanks! :goodvibes

I believe that until you pick up the tickets (and possibly even then) that you can swap this over without an issue. You'd have to call (if you're outside of WDW) or head to concierge to do it, but it should be doable.

Keep in mind that the HDDR is a prepaid event, which means that the full cost of the tickets will be charged when you make the reservation. (Which, you probably know already, but covering bases here ;).)

I believe that until you pick up the tickets (and possibly even then) that you can swap this over without an issue. You'd have to call (if you're outside of WDW) or head to concierge to do it, but it should be doable.

Keep in mind that the HDDR is a prepaid event, which means that the full cost of the tickets will be charged when you make the reservation. (Which, you probably know already, but covering bases here ;).)

Thanks for the reply! We go to HDDR every year but it has always been with free dining and I would just book through that. I was wondering if I booked on a cc now if I'd actually be PURCHASING it instead of holding, but wasn't sure so thanks for pointing that out! :thumbsup2

We haven't done HDDR but we have had a similar thing with CRT. You do have to pay in full when you made the reservation. However once you have the DDP purchased, you can call Disney and they will refund your CC and then use the Dining Credit to hold the reservation. If you don't want to call, you can simply let them know when you get there and they will refund your credit card and then use your dining credits.

I am actually on hold with Disney at the moment trying to refund the original prepay for CRT. (Just added dining plan last week.) The first CM said not possible. She's trying to find someone who can do it for me... Love red tape...

I am actually on hold with Disney at the moment trying to refund the original prepay for CRT. (Just added dining plan last week.) The first CM said not possible. She's trying to find someone who can do it for me... Love red tape...

I am in the same boat. Made an ADR a few weeks ago for the prefect time our second day at MK. We now have FD thanks to the new Pin that came out and I was going to call and have it refunded and apply the DP credits but when I looked there are no lunch ADRs available for that day and I am afraid I might lose the ADR so am just going to suck it up and get the refund in October.

They actually just credited mine. When the first CM said no, I told her I was certain it could be done. She transferred the call and someone took care of it in minutes. It wouldn't have been a big deal except that we are a party of 8! A $400 credit card charge! Good luck to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter