ADR help - how late can you cancel?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by werfamily, Sep 19, 2007.

1. werfamily

werfamily Mouseketeer

When I made my ADRs, some required credit cards and some did not. For the ones with credit cards, they told me that I had to cancel by 24 hours to avoid being charged. Is there also a cancellation period for the non-credit card ADRs? How about a penalty? We have a couple that we may or may not use, depending on how tired the kids are, etc.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. marsh0013

marsh0013 i want to drive the zamboni

i think you can cancel any time up to the reservation, as long as it isn't one of the credit card ones. so don't worry about it. just make sure to call and cancel so they know that spot will be open for someone else :goodvibes

4. werfamily

werfamily Mouseketeer

Thanks! If we need to cancel, of course we will try to do it as early as possible to give other's a chance to get in...but nice to know that we have the option.

5. ZoZo

ZoZo DIS Veteran

That's correct. A few restaurants charge a penalty if you don't cancel within a certain time period (like California Grill). If they didn't tell you about a penalty when you booked your ADR, you can cancel at any time.

Most TS restaurants do not charge a penalty. But pay attention to those that do - we tried to cancel Spirit of Aloha on the last trip within that 24-hour window, and they wouldn't let us. We figured we might as well attend the show (and luckily, enjoyed it!).

And as the poster above said, please cancel your unwanted ADRs as soon as you know you won't be using them. Even though you won't incur a penalty with most, you'll free up the spot for someone else by canceling, so call as soon as you can to cancel.

6. Cheshire Figment

Cheshire Figment <font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend

If you do not cancel they will track you down and make you ride It's A Small World five times in a row.

7. jmkrat

jmkrat DIS Veteran

We had to cancel Wolfgang Puck's last year, we were literally in line when I got sick. We just walked up to the podium and said we have to cancel ( didn't go into why) and they thanked us. There were people trying to walk up and get in, so our cancelled ressie gave someone else a chance to eat there. No penalties for non credit card held ressies, it is just nice to call and cancel to free up the time slot for someone else if you can. We have called the dining number and cancelled ( usually on the day of the ressies, something always happens) several ressies too.

8. LarryJ

LarryJ Dedicated FW 1600 "Looper"

Yep, then make you ride Dumbo 4 times ... by yourself :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Larry

9. ldo

ldo DIS Veteran

Cinderella's table is 24 hours, but Princess Storybook is 48 hours---don't know about other (Luau, etc.) so check timing. You can cancel at Guest Services at hotel, call Disney Dining, or even cancel at other Table Service restaurants.
    Also, it is NICE to cancel ADRs which do not require deposits to free up for others, even if it is just an hour before--we have been at MK and realized we weren't going to make it to Epcot and just walked up to Crystal Palace in MK and they looked it up and canceled from there.

10. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - b

Also, you can walk up to ANY table service restaurant podium and cancel your reservation at any other restaurant - so if, for example, you're in Epcot and decide you want to stay there instead of head over to Tony's Town Square, just walk over to the nearest restaurant or Guest Services and cancel!