• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ADR - for those who have just returned

higgy66

<font color=deeppink>I have to force myself to go
Hi

I've made about 10 ADR for our forthcoming trip and have a few left but I was hoping to have a few "play it by ear" evening meals - possibly trying to go back to somewhere the girls have really enjoyed. All my ADR have been with the girls in mind as my DH & I can go for nice romantic meals anytime we want when we're at home.

For those who have returned - do you think this will be possible - we're talking end Sept/early Oct.

I wouldn't expect to be going to the top ten places but just somewhere nice.

Food doesn't really interest any of us until we're hungry or actually see something in front of us we fancy. I can't plan ahead for meals at home so I'm finding this really hard.

I also could'nt be done with planning so many meals so far in advance.
I am no ADR expert(as apart from special occasions-i don't plan ADR's as we always stay offsite)but my opinion would be that the time your going i can't see it being extremely busy-so you may be lucky in the sense that if you fancy a certain one you could do a 'walk up' and just ask them if they have any available times.What about when you arrive in the morning of a park-going straight to the one you want+asking what's available.
Will you be taking a laptop with you-if yes you can do the online ADR booking and see what one you fancy is available the night before or on the morning.Failing that i am sure i have read of people asking at the check in desks if they would ring a certain restaurant to see what times are available :confused3.x.

Big River Grill on the boardwalk does not 'do' ADRs-we did a walk-up no issues last week (we were there fairly early by some peoples standards 6:30pm ish). Great meal and Boardwalk lovely to walk around in the evening etc.

I forced myself to do all 14 reservations last month and glad we did. Like you I hate planning more than a few hours ahead for meals but so glad we did in August, heard a few times they were not accepting any walkups for rest of evening.
Saying that Sept/Oct you should be OK, even at Xmas/NY busiest week of year we still ate a couple of times onsite, once at Trails End and once at Boma(very quiet)
What I would do whenever possible is if you are in a park late afternoon call at guest services if you know what you want. They can tell you if anything available. We called in MGM guest services at Xmas to book, told us just about every park restaurant was to capacity but plenty available in resorts. They were very helpful. Even if you only make the reservation 2 hours in advance you know there is availability and not stood somewhere for an hour waiting for a table.

i would suggest making them, you can always cancel them free of charge.
boma is great, chef mickey s have extended the lunch times, places in epcot like GG or Akerhaus might be nice.
my fave is crystal palace, ok, not quiet but great fun!! your kids would love it and food is amazing bfast and dinner.
if your going in a few weeks you can check availiability and book places on line.
tracy

Were going the same timeas you - you should be ok for walk ups for lunch at the resorts - Kona Cafe etc. But if your trying to get character meals or some of the popular ones it will be nearly impossible as free dining is still on.

I would have a look online, last time we were in WDW we made some on the day by calling from our room too :thumbsup2

Thanks Guys.

As i've made around 10 days worth I think I'll wing it for the others. I'll do what you suggest Wayne and call at Guest Services earlier in the day when we've decided where we fancy.

I've already booked my Character meals so that's covered :cool1:

We're hoping to do the same thing. Got something booked nearly every day but on the last few days we like to go back and do things we've missed so don't really want to tie ourselves down.

We've booked at guest services in each of the parks before as well as at DTD and phoned from our room and still got something nice. Even got le Cellier once!:thumbsup2

Hope you have a great time:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter