• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ADR for Beaches and Cream

Yes and they often will not let you wait for an opening if you don't have one because they just don't really have openings.

Absolutely - we couldn't even sit down for a quick sundae on our last trip. They let us order from the takeout counter and we ate at the tables outside, but it is a small restaurant and constantly full. We have a lunch ADR for our upcoming trip and I can't wait!

Thank you! We will be staying at Beach Club for our next trip and I just wanted to make sure. My parents stayed there a number of years back, and they were able to eat there no problem, not needing the ADR's. But i know that restaurant has gotten much more busy too.

I have been trying to get an ADR at the end of August and the only one I ever saw was for 10 PM after we already had a later dinner ADR at Cali Grill.

Thank you! We will be staying at Beach Club for our next trip and I just wanted to make sure. My parents stayed there a number of years back, and they were able to eat there no problem, not needing the ADR's. But i know that restaurant has gotten much more busy too.
They used to not do ADRs at all not that long ago so that may be the reason for your parents' memory. Since they went to ADRs it has become one of the hardest ones to get and has made it nearly impossible to just walk up.

I accidentally made an ADR for 2 when I needed three. They let us wait however both times we went the restauant was full. I would only try a walk up if I were staying at Beach Club or wanted a break from an EPCOT day

I thought I read somewhere that they will seat walk ups at the counter. So if you're staying at YC/BC you can get a pager, go to the pool and they'll let you know when to come back. I was planning that we would do that some day because my vegan teen has read that they can make vegan sundaes.

I thought I read somewhere that they will seat walk ups at the counter. So if you're staying at YC/BC you can get a pager, go to the pool and they'll let you know when to come back. I was planning that we would do that some day because my vegan teen has read that they can make vegan sundaes.

Last time we were there the counter was being filled with reservations for 2.

Last time we were there the counter was being filled with reservations for 2.

Shoot I wonder if that is the new rule and someone was describing something from last year. We are staying at the YC so I guess I will stop by and ask at the counter.

I have been trying for 4 months to no avail ...staying at BC.. Kinda ticked off that I cannot eat the resort i am staying at. .Cannot get character breakfast either for Cape may at YC

They have at least 2 tables for 2. I also heard that the counter was for walk ups but maybe that has been changed

Yeah there are a few 2 tops but when we were there in June when people asked if they could wait for the counter they were told no. It may have been just because of the number of people already waiting but I heard them say it was for reservations and saw a few parties of 2 and 3 get sat while we were there.

This is so weird to me, but I've read that it's been crazy popular for a long time. I've never been, so I don't know what I'm missing. Anyone can make tasty burgers and ice cream/sorbet at home with no special equipment needed. It has no special characters or beyond exceptional service. I just don't get it. If you have hoppers and want a dessert, the pavilion in France has a lovely place with great flavors. Italy's pavilion has one, too, that we haven't tried. If not, Disney Springs has some walk-up options.

This is so weird to me, but I've read that it's been crazy popular for a long time. I've never been, so I don't know what I'm missing. Anyone can make tasty burgers and ice cream/sorbet at home with no special equipment needed. It has no special characters or beyond exceptional service. I just don't get it. If you have hoppers and want a dessert, the pavilion in France has a lovely place with great flavors. Italy's pavilion has one, too, that we haven't tried. If not, Disney Springs has some walk-up options.

It is really small. The big appeal is the ice cream especially the kitchen sink. To be honest 99% of food you get at a restraunt could be made at bome so I never get thag argument.

I will say their grilled cheese and tomato soup is amazing.

It is really small. The big appeal is the ice cream especially the kitchen sink. To be honest 99% of food you get at a restraunt could be made at bome so I never get thag argument.

I will say their grilled cheese and tomato soup is amazing.

The question of appeal isn't on the merits of eating out, but on the inability of securing an ADR at a place that doesn't offer anything unusual. I don't get why ice cream and burgers at this particular spot are so much more desirable than the other places that offer similar items. I'm sure they're just fine but there are plenty of options at WDW that are also tasty. The "Kitchen Sink" is big, but I don't know that it's the draw for the ADRs.

In summary, why is B&C so desirable that ADRs are snapped up so quickly? Whether it's on my radar or not was just an aside.

You can walk over to the Swolphin for The Fountain without an ADR. Doesn't take DDP, but B&C is a terrible use of DDP anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter