ADR for Akerhaus?

twinprincesses09

Mouseketeer
We will be going to Disney at the beginning of June with our 6 yo twin princesses (and yes, they are into everything princess!), so we are starting to think about which ADRs we want. Last summer when we were at Epcot standing in the long lines in the blazing heat, we said that next year, we would book a meal with the princesses to avoid the wait in all the lines. We debated between CRT and Akerhaus, and decided to go with Akerhaus because it was a little cheaper, and since there is less for kids at Epcot, it would be something for them to look forward to there. However, the more I think about it the more unsure I am it is worth the $$. We will be meeting Cinderella at MK at the Cinderella and Rapunzel meet (they are huge Rapunzel fans, and I know chances are slim/none she will be at Akerhaus). We will also meet Ariel at MK since I know they will be most interested in seeing her as a mermaid. Also, they will get to see Belle at ETWB, although they can't get her autograph. So really, Akerhaus would be just for Snow White and Aurora, unless we get lucky and another princess is there. Do you think it is worth the cost? We would probably do a late breakfast as that would be what my girls would most likely eat.

We love Akershus. It is definitely more worth it than CRT. Honestly Cinderella is probably 1 of the most popular princesses. I think on our last trip we saw her about 4 or 5 times in total, lol. It definitely got a little repetitive. With Belle you get your picture with her and she will sign autographs, so thats completely different than ETWB. And seeing Ariel as a mermaid and than seeing her as a human might be fun for your girls so I wouldn't worry about that. If you are worried about seeing maybe too much of the Princesses, you could look into 1900 Park Fare dinner. Thats still Cinderella, but you get the Prince as well and the step sisters and step mother and they are super funny! I think your girls might really enjoy that and its something different than seeing all the princesses. You could always see Aurora and Snow White at Epcot. You will have to wait in line for them but when we saw characters at Epcot the lines weren't that long to wait in line for them. You can also meet Mulan as well in Epcot. Just some ideas for you! Hope you have a great vacation!

We haven't done CRT but we just did Akershus last week and LOVED it. We only booked it because we couldn't get a good time at Coral Reef but I am so glad we did. The picture of my daughter with Belle is one of my favorites and the princesses really took time to talk with them. I also really liked the food. My twins barely ate, though, since they were too excited to meet the princesses (well, my daughter was, my son had just woken up).

The princesses at Akershus are sooo much friendlier than at CRT, in my opinion. At CRT, they really just seemed like they wanted to get the tables turned and didn't dipsplay as much warmth as I would've expected (except for Cinderella, who was lovely.) At Akershus, my daughter said that each of the ladies looked exactly like the real princesses, and were so sweet. And the kids get to do the princess processional around the restaurant. Even my 8 year old got into it.

Like you said it is something for them to look forward to at EPCOT. You can also start off your interactions with things like.... Oh ariel, we saw you a few days ago and you were still a mermaid, did you enjoy your visit back under the sea? Or Hi Belle, so good to see you again, we loved your story time, do you have any other book recommendations?
This will make the interaction less of a stand and get a photo and more about an experience.

I've never done CRT, but we have done Akershus twice. It's lovely. The princesses are all so nice, and the processional is adorable. Our first trip Ariel was not there (must have been an undersea emergency) and so Mary Poppins in her jolly holiday white dress was there. That was fun. :)

We also did 1900 Park Fare this past trip for the first time and we all agreed it will be a "must do" from now on. It was hands down the best food we had, plus the characters were fantastic. Cinderella (who we had seen probably twice already that trip) was super sweet and kind and made time to speak to all us, even we lowly parents. LOL. Prince Charming was a nice addition, and the sisters and Lady Tremaine stole the show for sure.

I'm having the same question. :)

We're doing CRT, 1900 PF, BoG, ETWB and definitely the Rapunzel M&G. I'm a big Aurora fan, so I'd need to find out where to meet her, but other than that... maybe there's no need of Akershaus. There are lots of restaurants in Epcot we'd like to try and maybe I should switch?

Choices are hard! ;)

We're doing CRT, 1900 PF, BoG, ETWB and definitely the Rapunzel M&G. I'm a big Aurora fan, so I'd need to find out where to meet her, but other than that... maybe there's no need of Akershaus. There are lots of restaurants in Epcot we'd like to try and maybe I should switch?

Choices are hard! ;)

If you are already doing CRT, I wouldn't do Akershus. When we did CRT in April Aurora was there so there is really no need to do both. I believe you get the same princesses except you don't see Belle at CRT and you get Jasmine at CRT. If Aurora is for some reason not at CRT when you dine there I believe you can meet her in Epcot (but I forget what country she meets in). There are so many amazing places to eat in Epcot that I would go with 1 of them. Theres really no need to do CRT and Akershus on the same trip. We did this year but that was only to get into Epcot early. But now that Garden Grill will have breakfast times we will more than likely be booking that if we do decide to do CRT again.

I replaced it. I let my son look at the list of choices with availability that day and time and we're going to give Chefs de France a try.

I replaced it. I let my son look at the list of choices with availability that day and time and we're going to give Chefs de France a try.

Hopefully you enjoy Chefs de France! It was one of my favorites from last years trip and I'm excited to be eating there again a week from tomorrow!

Choices are hard! ;)

UNless you have a burning desire to have a meal in Norway, I would not bother with Akershus if you have the CRT meal planned. Now I will admit we love Akershus and had breakfast there and dinner at CRT, along with dinner at 1900 PF, but since you would like to try different Epcot restaurnats, that is what I would do. Aurora meets in the MK and is easily accessible, and you will see her in the castle as well.

WE took our girls to every Castle since they had never been and were totally Princess fans, and hit all the M&G we could.

I am not a fan of Akershus at all. I found the food mediocre at best and there are opportunities to meet the princesses elsewhere. Snow White is in Germany and Aurora is in France and MK. In fact we probably had our best and longest character interaction ever with the Aurura in MK.

We did an Akershus dinner in Sept. My daughter, 3.5y, LOVED it. She nearly hyperventilated getting to see all the princesses. She even got to hold Cinderella's hand during the parade they do during the meal. We met Belle, Cinderella, Aurora, Snow White and Mulan. The character interactions weren't rushed at all. I can't comment on CRT, because we haven't done it. We'll be doing Akershus again, though.

As another option, there are so many princesses you can meet in epcot. The meet and greets are great and they all interact so nicely, much better than restaurant interactions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter