ADR critique and strategy

BethanyMouse

Mouseketeer
Hello all! My family DH, DD (2), DD (7) and I are heading to WDW for a two week vacation in late July into August. We are staying at OKW for the first time and we will have a car. I would love your feedback on our restaurant choices and any feedback/strategies for booking my ADR's. We are staying for two weeks. Most of these are dinners unless noted as breakfast. Our plans are usually to head to park at opening and leave for afternoon naps/swim/rest and then dinner out with a few rides in the evenings. We also wanted a few nights to enjoy disney springs and our resort. Thank you all!

Ale and Compass- we have never been
Homecoming
Garden Grill- we have never been
Via Napoli
Olivias for dinner OR Beaches and Cream
Olivias for breakfast- we have never been
Kona breakfast
The Wave- we have never been
Rainforest Cafe- for my daughters 3rd bday
Le Cellier
Earl of Sandwich
Liberty Tree Tavern
The Plaza- we have never been

Hello all! My family DH, DD (2), DD (7) and I are heading to WDW for a two week vacation in late July into August. We are staying at OKW for the first time and we will have a car. I would love your feedback on our restaurant choices and any feedback/strategies for booking my ADR's. We are staying for two weeks. Most of these are dinners unless noted as breakfast. Our plans are usually to head to park at opening and leave for afternoon naps/swim/rest and then dinner out with a few rides in the evenings. We also wanted a few nights to enjoy disney springs and our resort. Thank you all!

Ale and Compass- we have never been
Homecoming
Garden Grill- we have never been
Via Napoli
Olivias for dinner OR Beaches and Cream
Olivias for breakfast- we have never been
Kona breakfast
The Wave- we have never been
Rainforest Cafe- for my daughters 3rd bday
Le Cellier
Earl of Sandwich
Liberty Tree Tavern

I LOVE to eat while visiting WDW. I have not been to all of the restaurants you listed - challenge accepted...lol

Homecomin' in DS is FANTASTIC. My DH and I tried this for the first time during our Jan 2021 visit. This had to be our favorite restaurant on this past trip. Everything on the menu is amazing!! The atmosphere is fun and lively too. 100%

Garden Grill - in EPCOT. The food here is very good. Every time we go, the rotating restaurant is not working. I guess they no longer rotate the restaurant. Too bad, that was a fun part of the experience. Again, the food has always been very good.

ViaNapoli - in EPCOT. We do this every trip. My husband is Italian and it is a must. We love the food and the atmosphere here. I will say, the last time we went, it didn't have the same feel. During COVID all of the exchange workers from Italy were sent home. So it's a little different but the food is still delicious!

Beaches and Cream - BW. SUPER FUN!! The food isn't always consistent and the service can be touch-n-go. However, it's fun and we keep going back. Also, I will say, we have never had a bad meal there, just some have been better than others.

Kona - Poly. Awesome. Delicious. Lots of food.

Rainforest Cafe AK or DS? We have only been to the DS restaurant. So fun! And, if it's your daughter's 3rd birthday, it's a must. Unforgettable fun!! The food is exactly what you would expect...it's okay. But don't let that discourage you. It won't matter when you see how much fun your daughter is having. Now, I will say, there is a lighting storm - it's loud! It's doesn't last forever, just a few minutes. Just to give your daughter a heads-up. Wouldn't want that to spoil a good time.

Le Cellier - EPCOT. We didn't have a great experience here. It doesn't mean you won't. We had ADR for 6:00pm and we weren't seated until 7:20pm. Husband was a little cranky. Kids were tired. I just wanted a glass of wine and some A/C! Everything is a la carte...just an FYI - or, it was when we were there.

Earl of Sandwich - DS. Fantastic sandwiches. Lots of variety.

Liberty Tree Tavern - MK. Another very fun experience. The servers are dressed in period clothing and the food is delicious. My only personal issue, we have a vegetarian in our family and there are no great options. We did this during a Thanksgiving trip one year. It was perfect!

The Plaza - MK. Is one of my favorite spots. The food is excellent. Lots of choices. Everyone can find at least one thing on the menu. PLUS, it has ice cream!!!! It's a good spot to relax and enjoy a well prepared meal.

Have a wonderful time!!!

Of the ones you listed, I've been to...

Garden Grill- Only for breakfast, which they are not doing now. I loved breakfast. I've been hesitant to book dinner because it seems heavy. And I don't like rice pilaf.

Via Napoli - Have not been here since I had to go gluten-free and they are not safe for me. I wasn't thrilled when we went before, but I had wanted to go somewhere else and got outvoted, so that probably colored my experience.

Beaches and Cream - Fun. I'd like to go back - even though I can't have the one everyone raves about (No Way Jose) because of a peanut allergy.

Kona breakfast - YUM! Loved it! Pro-tip...ask for the strawberry sauce that comes with the Tonga Toast for your Mickey Waffles. Delicious!

Rainforest Cafe- Haven't been to the ones at Disney, but have been to others (they're all the same). I wasn't a fan.

Earl of Sandwich - YUCK! I know I'm in the minority, but I find it super overrated and not worth the wait in line. I didn't think it took ADRs?

Liberty Tree Tavern - Been once. Not my thing. I am not enamored with so-called "traditional" Thanksgiving dinner (never mind that the odds of the pilgrims having what we have now on the first is slim to none, so "traditional" is not really correct. LOL.) though, so if you like that style you'll probably love it.

We love the atmosphere at Liberty Tree Tavern and Garden Grill. If you like character dining, Garden Grill is one of the few currently open and gets good reviews.

For us, atmosphere for a Disney vacation is very important. We always find Disney food tasty and enjoyable, but rarely gourmet, so atmosphere is really our main driver on a WDW trip. I'm really hoping more restaurants open (especially Tusker House) before our next trip.

We haven't eaten at the WDW Rainforest Cafe since we have them back home, but they're a fun experience and worth a visit if it's not available in your hometown.

Thank you all so much!

The tip about the lightening storm is very helpful as my littlest might be a bit frightened.

I didnt realize that Le Cellier had turned a la carte. That is new to us. We havent been in years. That may change things......

These choices were mostly born out of us wanted a place to sit that semi entertained our littles. I appreciate all the feedback!

Any input on which ones I should try to book first?

Beaches and Cream would probably be the hardest to get. The rest you should get with no problem if you book when your time opens up.

Oh thats good to hear. I had read that reservations were impossible to get for most places right now. That makes me feel better!

Oh thats good to hear. I had read that reservations were impossible to get for most places right now. That makes me feel better!

You could try searching ADRs now and see what seems to be filling up. I just looked at 6pm May 31 for 4 and a lot was available, but a lot was booked as well. You didn't pick the most popular restaurants so I think you'll be ok if you book as soon as your time frame opens. But I wouldn't wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter