ADR Confirmation Numbers

DisFan09

Earning My Ears
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel that the 12-digit ADR confirmation numbers are ridiculous?? Why can't Disney create a shorter set of numbers/letters or just reset the numbers so that we don't have to deal with writing down all those digits?? No wonder the CMs get cranky after having to repeat all those numbers all day long... :eek:

they are pretty long.. and most of mine started with the same few digits anyway which is pretty silly. Although when I went not one of my ADRs asked for the confirmation number anyway.. just my name.

Although when I went not one of my ADRs asked for the confirmation number anyway.. just my name.

If they have trouble locating your reservation under your name due to a mis-spelling, incorrect date, or other issue, they will ask for the reservation number in order to locate it. It was a good thing that all they needed was your name as that meant they had no trouble locating your reservation. :)

That's been my experience also. We have NEVER had to produce our confirmation numbers to the restaurant CMs. I think I'll just retain the last 5 digits in the unlikely event that they can't locate our reservation by name... :idea:

The reason they need to be so many digits long is the sheer number of reservations they make- they can't recycle the numbers regularly so they just keep going up- that is why the first digits are the same- in fact many times it is only the last few that are different.

If you only have a part of the number they won't be able to look it up.

if you have a before hours reservation you have to show the confirmation number to get in the park early

With all there is to worry about, when planning a trip to WDW, the long set of ADR numbers isn't anything that bothers me.
I made all my Aug ADRs yesterday. I can't believe the difference in the last set of 5 digits between the first ones I made and the last ones. There are a ton of people booking ADRs at the same time..no way can they get away with a smaller number.

the ADR number to be alpha numeric may be on the list but is probably a lower priority. I'm not an IT person but I do know that converting the password standards for some of our systems took quite a bit of time and money. The online system must have taken a lot of focus over a couple of years and was apparently a high priority. It was something I complained to Disney about.

We may eventually see an alpha numeric system for ADRs. I suspect it is low on the list of priorities as I haven't seen nor heard many complaints about the current system.

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel that the 12-digit ADR confirmation numbers are ridiculous?? Why can't Disney create a shorter set of numbers/letters or just reset the numbers so that we don't have to deal with writing down all those digits?? No wonder the CMs get cranky after having to repeat all those numbers all day long... :eek:

It's just you.

If Alpha-Numeric, it would take longer to say them. People wouln't be sure if they said 'C' or '3', for example. We would have to listen to 'C as in cat'...

Also, I have been asked for the number. My last name is long. It was spelled wrong.

Yeah they didnt even ask for a # of any kind on any of my ressies last time, only my last name once we got to the restaurant.

Last year they were only like 8 numbers, when we booked for April 2009 in I guess January 09. They probably just keep adding to them and don't reuse the numbers. Just hope they don't add another 4 numbers to next year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter