ADR Better to call or online?

Fanoffun

Earning My Ears
If we book ADRs 180 days in advance, is it better to call the reservation line or book online? We just want to have the best chance of getting the ADRs we want. We will be getting quite a few. Many thanks!

We're very rural and have only dial-up internet service available :sad2:
I call. It would take me an entire day if I were to even attempt this.

Good luck! pixiedust: you get what you want

You have a better chance in my opinion online. I was able to get all my ressies for my Oct trip. Just get up early, you can start booking at 6:00 am if you are staying onsite for up to 10days.:goodvibes

If we book ADRs 180 days in advance, is it better to call the reservation line or book online? We just want to have the best chance of getting the ADRs we want. We will be getting quite a few. Many thanks!

I've done it both ways. I like doing it online as it gives you alternative times and alternative restaurants to choose from. You can also take your time to look. It works either way, but I really liked using the online system :) GOod luck either way :)

Is anyone else having problems with the online system? Everytime I go to put in a request, it asks me for the age of my child but no option to put in the age. Any suggestions?

Which points out just one of the many problems we've heard about with the ONLINE system.
I would call. I'd hate to do all the work online and then have it suddenly disappear. Or not be able to change anything w/o it all falling apart.

Originally, I thought I'd call, but then I ended up doing it online and am very glad I did. Doing it online allows you to be more self-sufficient in that YOU can easily alter the request time if necessary, YOU can see the alternatives coming up.

I had heard that sometimes if you can't get something online, you can get it if you call. I ended up trying that (in my case, getting an earlier 50s PT ADR) and while the CM was very nice and very helpful, I found it to be a painful experience. It seemed to take soooo long and I didn't get the earlier ADR anyway. But even telling her the number and ages of my party members seemed to take a long time to get into the system.

Comparing the two, I personally found online just a much more efficient way to book.

Sounds like online can be hit or miss. I used the online system for the first time last week for 2 of our ADR's. I got an e-mail confirmation for one, but not the other. Had to call anyway to check on the missing one--it was in the system, just did not generate an e-mail to me for some reason.n:confused3

It sounds like it might be best to call on really important, hard to get ADRs and try online for the ones that might not be quite as popular.

I was also wondering if - because you can book up to 10 days of dining 180 days from the first day - if the popular ADRS for those days are gone because of the people who are getting their 10 days worth of ADRS ten days before you are? Does that make sense?

Is anyone else having problems with the online system? Everytime I go to put in a request, it asks me for the age of my child but no option to put in the age. Any suggestions?

Are you using Google Chrome? I had the same experience. I use the Chrome browser for ALMOST everything, but in this case, it doesn't work. Use Firefox or Internet Explorer.

When the online system is functioning properly (or something close to it), I absolutely prefer to make ADRs online. And with the online interface rolling over an hour before the phone lines open, you've got time to check to see if the online system is working and still be on the phone right at opening if it isn't.

For our June-July trip, we did both. I had originally called to make ADRs, but as the departure date approached, I kept checking on-line for more desirable dining times. We had reservations through both systems. I did notice that the ressies I made over the phone didn't show up on-line, nor did they send me an email confirmation. The on-line ressies on the other hand showed up on my account and we received email confirmation for those. For our next trip to the World, whenever that is, I plan on doing them all on-line (unless there is a particular ressie that can only be booked over the phone).

The availability is the same both ways - it just depends on which one you can get into faster.

It sounds like it might be best to call on really important, hard to get ADRs and try online for the ones that might not be quite as popular.

I was also wondering if - because you can book up to 10 days of dining 180 days from the first day - if the popular ADRS for those days are gone because of the people who are getting their 10 days worth of ADRS ten days before you are? Does that make sense?

I am wondering the same thing! And I guess you have to put in your conf# which allows you to book +10, right?

The trick is to book the harder ADRs later in the week. Resteraunts such as Ohana, LeCellier, and CRT are easier to get at the end of your trip.
And yes you can book up to 10 days after you add you conf #
Good Luck!:goodvibes

We're going in April, and I went online the 28th (the day after everyone else LOL) to book our ADRs, hoping the glitches were worked out. I had several ressies in my "dining cart" one of which was Hoop Dee Doo. Because HDDR requires a credit card deposit, I decided to call to make sure my card wouldn't be charged because we were on the DDP. So I left everything in my cart when I called, and the CM said that sometimes the computer doesn't recognize the DDP, and charges have been made to cards....OK, so I figure I'll just make my ADRs on the phone with the CM. Well, all was good until I got to my last two ressies for Le Cellier and Les Chefs De France. She said her system was showing no availability for either one on the dates I wanted. But they were showing up online. So she had me release the dates from my cart, but they still weren't showing up for her. So I kept her on the phone and put them back in my cart and was able to book those two reservations online. I received email confirmations for each. So, if you are unable to get ressies over the phone I would definitely check online and visa versa. She told me that the online portion is a completely different system, and CMs can't help with any issues you may be having while online. You would have to contact the tech support number. Hope this helps....:)

Are you using Google Chrome? I had the same experience. I use the Chrome browser for ALMOST everything, but in this case, it doesn't work. Use Firefox or Internet Explorer.

Yes I am using Google Chrome, it's so much faster, I just tried with IE7, and it's fine, thanks so much for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter