ADR before park opens...

pmaurer74

DIS Veteran
I got a CP ADR ar 8:10am for MK. Assuming we are done before the park opens at 9am..can we just go and line up where we want to go first? Will I be done before 9am? I was thinking of going straight to ETWB or Merida.

They will have internal ropes as well, so you may be able to line up at the bridge leading to FL, but not at ETWB itself (erm... Assuming this is still the case, I admit, it's been awhile :p).

Timing will be dependent on a couple factors. How into the characters are you? Will you wait for them all to come around or just see what comes by while you're eating?

Typically, including meeting all the characters and stuff, you can expect roughly an hour from the time you're seated to the time you're leaving. There is a bit of variance in here, of course, but that's roughly average. You can also ask for the check early (since it's not dependent on what you eat) and that may save a few minutes on the tail end of the meal.

Hopefully you will!!

It all really depends on the character rotation and where in the building your seated. You could be at a table in a section that was just cleared, that the characters just went through. Thus, you're last on the list of the set, and it could take a while.

Or you could be sat and see all the characters basically right away, and then grab food and be done!

It's all really chance. My advise: ask for the bill right at the start, if you settle it then, you don't have to wait for the server to come around again to grab it, I find they kind of disappear at buffet meals a lot.

Also remember that you can get Pooh and Tigger elsewhere in the MK, so if you skip them it's not the end of the world. You can also find them in AK.

Eeyore and Piglet you can't!

Have a great trip!

I think the restaurant opens at 8am and we have 8:10 ADRS so I am guessing we will get them at the beginning?

If you have 8:10 ADR's you're in great shape. Make sure to get to the character dining turnstile at MK early before 8:00. You can enter the park early, take a stroll up towards the castle and get a couple good photos without anyone around. Or you can check in as early as possible at CP and possibly be the first family. We had 8:10 ADR's last August and I checked our family in. I was the third person in line but didn't think much of since we didn't have 8:00 ADR. We were picked as family of the day and were seated first.

On another note, where they sat us in CP didn't allow us to see all the characters before 9:00. We just skipped them and headed out to rope drop. That was really more important to us.

Good luck!!!

I have a similar question. I have a reservation for BBB at 8AM for my daughter. I don't have anything in writing from Disney, just a confirmation number on a sticky note. Will I have any problems getting in that early? Also was wondering if the guys would have any chance to do anything while "us girls" were in BBB, particularly if stuff was already open for EMH. How long does BBB take? and was hoping to get to ETWB. Thanks.

cllrn said:
I have a similar question. I have a reservation for BBB at 8AM for my daughter. I don't have anything in writing from Disney, just a confirmation number on a sticky note. Will I have any problems getting in that early? Also was wondering if the guys would have any chance to do anything while "us girls" were in BBB, particularly if stuff was already open for EMH. How long does BBB take? and was hoping to get to ETWB. Thanks.

When I did the KTTK tour, I only had my reservation number jotted down in my notebook, but I didn't even need that. There was a CM standing at a single open turnstile to the far left, and he had a list of reservations. When I gave him my name, he looked through his reservations sheets then let me in.

We did BBB in May at 815. We just lined up and entered about 800. Did not ask if we had reservations or where we were going. Thought it odd. There really not anything for anyone to do except look at an empty park. While we there they were doing a commercial with the cranberry guys. That was cool.

What you can do to speed things along is ask for your check when you place your order. They will give it to you when they bring the dessert. Much quicker and it helps a lot in getting to the line of your intended ride.

If you have 8:10 ADR's you're in great shape. Make sure to get to the character dining turnstile at MK early before 8:00. You can enter the park early, take a stroll up towards the castle and get a couple good photos without anyone around. Or you can check in as early as possible at CP and possibly be the first family. We had 8:10 ADR's last August and I checked our family in. I was the third person in line but didn't think much of since we didn't have 8:00 ADR. We were picked as family of the day and were seated first.

On another note, where they sat us in CP didn't allow us to see all the characters before 9:00. We just skipped them and headed out to rope drop. That was really more important to us.

Good luck!!!

You were THE family of the day? That is so cool! How did you have time to eat and be part of the opening ceremony? I would love that if it happened!

Last time we did this, we also had an 8:10 ADR. We're two adults and not much into characters and we were exiting exactly at 9am. You'd have to eat fast and/or disregard the characters and be seated on time in order to finish before 9am IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter