• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ADR at "the second worst restaurant at WDW"

We watched the same podcast and agreed with 4 of the 5-- but NOT Yak n Yeti. We ate there in '14 (after reading all the great reviews) and all 5 of us loved it and it was on all of our "must do" lists for this upcoming trip. If you read the comments under the youtube screen of the podcast you will see that there are many comments were people say they love Yak n Yeti. I think Pete himself gave a good reason for the differing opinions ..... that people get used to "their" local Asian food place and anything different doesn't appeal to them. Yak and Yeti must be close to our Asian food preference.... and I will say "our" local place is pretty upscale as Chinese food places go.
Keep your ADR. We are keeping our's!

This is so funny.

My family loves Tony's. We know that's it Olive Garden quality (and we've all had really good Italian food), but we still like it. We like the atmosphere and have always had good service.

We ate at San Angel Inn for the first time last year...and loved it. It was one of the highlights of our trip. Some people might not like it because it's not Tex-Mex (it's pretty authentic, which is not to everyone's tastes), but we were all impressed.

We went to Tusker House for lunch two years ago and if I never go back, I won't miss it. The food was good. But, frankly, it wasn't so good that it's a 'must' for us.

I want to say that I've never had a bad meal at WDW, but that's not true. The pizza I had on the boardwalk was horrendous...even my pizza-loving kids said it was bad. That doesn't keep us from trying new things, though! At most WDW restaurants, if the service is decent, the food is usually pretty good (even if it's not so good that you'll go back). This is why we usually try some restaurants, even when the reviews are mixed...as San Angel Inn's were last year. We're trying Y&Y later this year. Never been, but we're willing to try. All of our ADRs for our next trip are at new-to-us restaurants, and we're looking forward to the adventure!

But, again, that was simply our experience on that night. My husband and I both ordered the duck. Perhaps, had we ordered the steak, we would have been raving about the restaurant.

I'm trying lots of new places on this trip:
Yak and Yeti, Akershus, Whispering Canyon Cafe (so I can order Catsup!), and 1900 Park Fare.
Then there's my traditional first night meal at Crystal Palace with TIGGER!

If you decide where to go based on bad reviews, there is not one single place at Disney for you to eat. ;)
After posting my previous comment, I have to complete agree with this. There are so many places at WDW that get horrible reviews and we love them. So take my comment with a grain of salt.

My first visit to Yak & Yeti was with my wife several years ago, we didn't have reservations and were very hungry having skipped breakfast. We were able to get in after a short wait, it had just opened. my wife had Asian food which was good, and I had the ribs which were wonderful. In general we were both happy with the meal, good portions and above avg service. A couple years later we stopped with my daughters and had another great meal, this time we had reservations. My last trip last year with my youngest daughter (12) was sooo good. THe ribs were so tender the bones would just fall out . We both loved the meal. I would not hesitate to try it. We obviously liked the ribs but my wife has had several entrees and enjoyed them all.

Yak & Yeti is our destination for lunch when we are at AK. Never had a bad meal or bad service. We will be eating there again on both our Sept. 2016 and Nov. 2016 trips.

Had Yak and Yeti for mid-day meal in '13. No complaints, would go back regardless of the podcast.

I'm not much of a foody

I'm thinking about writing negative reviews for all the restaurants we love so that I have a better chance of getting an ADR. :lmao:

We love Yak and Yetis. We love Tony's. We love San Angel Inn. Le Cellier was a major disappointment. California Grill is just lame. As long as the hot food is hot and the serving areas are kept clean and tidy, all buffets are pretty much the same to me, so...keep my coffee cup filled at the breakfast buffet and make sure the eggs aren't runny and we are good to go.

And no flies. I better not see any flies. :bitelip:

We make our choices based a lot more on menu and what appeals theme wise than on (highly subjective) reviews. Expectations/reality/mood/personal taste = review.

I'm a pretty good cook, and I do a lot of cooking--so maybe I'm easy. If someone else does the cooking and cleaning up I'm happy--so that makes me easy, I guess.:laughing:

Yeah, I thought Canadians were supposed to be polite. :laughing:

I just recall Le Cellier as being very crowded (read: claustrophobic) very rushed, and with indifferent service. Combine that with so-so food and we won't be back, either. But the Canada pavilion is gorgeous.

Granted this was back in 2013 but it was one of our favorite meals of the trip. I have no complaints whatsoever. It's actually one of the only repeats that we are planning on our upcoming trip.

We ate their last month and I loved it. I just had the Lettuce cups and I am still thinking about them.

My son was not impressed with his meal- teriyaki mahi I think? Mahi is his favorite and he was disappointed. The rest of us were very happy with our food.

I never imagined that posting a question that was derived from a podcast would garner so many responses. You folks are the best.
Thanks again!
I'm 80 some days now from my trip, soon I'll be doing on-line check in. WOW!

I have never tried Yak & Yeti. Not sure if we will or not in the future. Each person has a different palate. I dislike San Angel Inn and prefer La Hacienda. There are lots of people that like/love San Angel Inn. When I ate there, to me the food was bland, it was cold and my meat was fatty. But that's just my opinion. Keep your ADR and decide for yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter