• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ADR at Sanaa, where do we park

obxshark

Mouseketeer
Hello good people,

In the interest of always wanting to try something new, we thought we'd try Sanaa one evening for dinner. Having never been to AKL, I've no idea where to park (r
ental car) in order to easily find the restaurant. TIA for all your good advice!

Hello good people,

In the interest of always wanting to try something new, we thought we'd try Sanaa one evening for dinner. Having never been to AKL, I've no idea where to park (r
ental car) in order to easily find the restaurant. TIA for all your good advice!

Follow the signs to park in Kidani Village.

Hello good people,

Where are you staying? I'd just catch a bus over if you're on-site and not worry about the parking at all.

Where are you staying? I'd just catch a bus over if you're on-site and not worry about the parking at all.

Good in theory, but not always practical in execution since you would have to go to a park first to get a bus to go to AKL. Works great if you're at the Contemporary near the MK bus stops but not so well at most other resorts.

We're staying at POP, but will be coming directly from the Animal Kingdom Park. Our ADR is at 6:55, and we hope to have time to look around a little before dinner. Then after dinner we'll probably end up at Downtown Disney before heading back to POP.

Here's a map of AKL. Jambo House is on the right, Kidani Village is on the left. Locate Sanaa on the map, and plan on parking as near as you can, so you don't have a long hike. Sanaa is down one level from the entrance. If it's still light out, try to get a table near a window and maybe see some animals.
Disneys-Animal-Kingdom-Villas_Full_19887.jpg

We're staying at POP, but will be coming directly from the Animal Kingdom Park. Our ADR is at 6:55, and we hope to have time to look around a little before dinner. Then after dinner we'll probably end up at Downtown Disney before heading back to POP.

Use Disney buses. The ride can be a little long from AKL to DTD, but IMHO, it's better to let someone else do that drive.

Usually AK closes at 5pm. Could you move your ADR to an earlier time, like 5:30? You'll have more time for DTD.

I agree with others about NOT driving to DTD. Construction there has left parking in awful shape. Here's what I'd do. AKL to Osceola Pkwy heading east. Turn left (north) onto Buena Vista Dr. Once past Caribbean Beach resort, go under the overpass and turn left at Bonnet Creek Pkwy (just before DTD). Enter Port Orleans Riverside resort. You're allowed to visit there. Tell guard you're going to food court or looking around, etc. You can park near the front lobby entrance. Walk thru the lobby, out the back door, to the boat dock. Take the boat to DTD. They come around every 10 min. It's a 20 min trip to DTD and docks by Rainforest Cafe in Marketplace. Last boat back to POR is 11:30pm and the line can get long (so don't wait until last boat). Coming back to POR if it's Mon-Sat evening, YeHaa Bob is in the POR River Roost Lounge putting on a fabulous family-friendly show that runs 'til Midnight. You'll have a great evening!

If you're going to head to DTD after dinner, I would just take the AKL-Kidani bus from AK. Then, after dinner, take the bus to DTD from Kidani. Much easier than driving and parking. Then bus back to Pop from there.

So, while we're at it, any opinions regarding the dining experience at Sanaa? Would others suggest otherwise at AKL?

We took a cab when we stayed at BWV, cost about 20. Afterwards we took a bus back to Epcot for the fireworks but you easily do DTD as well.

Enjoy Sanaa and AKL. Both are truly something special

Hello good people,

We parked in the Kidani Village underground parking garage. I remember we had to walk through quite a bit of the the hotel to get to Sanaa's. But there are signs everywhere so you will not get lost.

So, while we're at it, any opinions regarding the dining experience at Sanaa? Would others suggest otherwise at AKL?

My family loved the food at Sanaa's. I think it is one of the best restaurants on property. Make sure to order the bread service because it is so delicious.

Option 1: drive to AK, drive to AKL, park as close as entrance to possible having confirmed with guards acceptabke, enter resort, go to/eat at Sanaa, drive to DTD, drive to Pop.
Option 2: bus to AK, bus to AKL, bus to DTD, bus to Pop.

We love Saana. Great food. I would make ADR for when it's still light out, because restaurant looks out onto the savanna.
And allow plenty of time to walk around and enjoy savanna viewing areas. You could start at Jamboree house, they have a great gift shop we love to look around, and check out their savannas. It's a short stroll over to Kidani to wander around there then have dinner. I'd allow at least 1.5 hrs for looking around.

I've tried getting a res at Saana in October and the system won't let me. Should I call?

I'd just drive. I don't want to deal with the annoyance of buses all day just to avoid annoyance at DTD. And park at Kidani.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter