ADR at House of Blues....Good choice?

luvmylatte

Mouseketeer
Just made an ADR at HoB. This will be my first time there with my 9 yr old and I am looking for some opinions. Any good, what's your fav and what do you recommend? What would you stay away from?

Since I read that Aaron Sanchez is involved in the menu my interest has been piqued.

Just made an ADR at HoB. This will be my first time there with my 9 yr old and I am looking for some opinions. Any good, what's your fav and what do you recommend? What would you stay away from?

Since I read that Aaron Sanchez is involved in the menu my interest has been piqued.

Couldn't tell you - the menu hasn't appealed to me in years so I haven't bothered with it.

Good luck, hope you enjoy your experience :)

With the menu changes since Aaron Sanchez came aboard, we have been back once to give it a try. That was enough to see the changes as a failure. While that may be a strong statement, IMHO and that of many others, his involvement has not been an improvement.

From what we tried of the 'new menu', stay away from the street tacos and stick to the sliders. That's about all I can help with on the revamped menu.

Wow, people are harsh :). But like all restaurants at Disney, you will get the Lovers and the Haters! We have not been to the Orlando location, but LOVED the Anaheim location so much, we have ressies at the HoB for our OCT trip to the World! I cannot wait! I REALLY enjoyed the menu and am really looking forward to the return trip. We had the French Dip (WONDERFUL), the Pulled Pork (also WONDERFUL), a plain burger (DH enjoyed it) and the BOURBON BREAD PUDDING (OMG!!!, my whole reason for returning!!!!)

YUMMMM!

But like I said, you will hear yay and nay on every restaurant you post about. If you are curious, give it a try!!!! ;)

We enjoy HOB. Cant help with many menu choices because I alway get the Jambalaya and their wonderful cornbread.

Anyone know if they still have the half price appetizer happy hour? I think it's 3-5pm?

We've thoroughly enjoyed House Of Blues both pre and post Aaron Sanchez. (They call is Crossroads at House of Blues now that he's involved).

We are adventurous eaters and enjoy spice and heat. We are also massive latin food fans. We loved the street tacos and Jalapeno cornbread.

Give it a try!

We are going in Dec- so we are also trying out the HOB for the first time. On www.restaurants.com they had a $50 gift cert. for $6.00 ( I think that is what I paid) but you have to spend $100.00 so We should be able to eat very good there! Still half off so I was pleased!

House of blues was my favorite meal of my trip! The shrimp and grits were incredible. Can't wait to go back in September!

We have been twice. There was a salad my husband picked once and it was awful. He picked it because it had a mark by it stating it was a house choice. It was mostly cole slaw and not worth the money. I had a grilled chicken sandwhich that was awful. The mac and cheese, pork sandwhich, BBQ burger were very good. The turkey club and french dip were so so.

We've been to HOB several times in past trips. Found it to be perfectly ordinary in every respect.

We enjoy HOB. Cant help with many menu choices because I alway get the Jambalaya and their wonderful cornbread.

It's not the same Jambalaya anymore--in fact, I don't really think it even remotely resembles Jambalaya.

This used to be one of our "must do" restaurants, and we would make sure we went every year. We tried the new menu last year, and it was profoundly disappointing. We won't be back.

I would say take a peek at the menu on allears.net, and if it appeals to you eat there!

We've eaten there twice in the last 12 months and enjoyed it. The fried chicken is excellent, more than I could ever eat! I've had the shortribs, a bit of spice, I asked for a side of rice rather than the andouille pudding, very tasty. The shrimp and grits are very good, as was the lobster mac & cheese, enjoyed by our teens!

I prefer to judge for myself whether I like a restaurant or not!

we were there about 2 months ago and we enjoyed our supper very much. We tried the shrimp and cheese grits, and they were very different than we are used to, but very delicious. We also tried the cornbread and enjoyed it very much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter