• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ADR at Chef Mickey's

marasmallworldfan

Mouseketeer
Hi,
I have a ADR at Chef Mickey's Sat the 14th f at 5:20 for a party of 11
(5kids) we actually had one more adult join our vacation. I called several times and they are not able to increase our party size. What do you think would happen if we just showed up with one extra? Is it worth a try or will all that travel time be wasted?
Thanks

What would you intend to do if the 12th person is not admitted? Because there is a chance that would happen. They will accommodate you if they can, but there is the chance that they won't be able to.

If you all walk away from the restaurant at the podium because they can't fit in the 12th person, that's considered a no-show and they will charge you $10 per person for not eating there, which is a pretty hefty bill of $110 just for walking away.

You could send some of the group in and avoid that charge, they won't trigger the charge unless nobody eats there.

I have gotten conflicting answers from CM one says it would be a cancel the other said it would not be a now show. What if only some of the party stayed?

They will only charge you if NOBODY stays.

If it's a cancellation, they'd still charge you, because you are supposed to cancel a day ahead of time to avoid being charged, and cancelling at the podium the day of is too late.

I doubt they have tables truly for 11 people - i.e., seems tables are for even number of people.

If it were me, I'd just show up and ask if 12th person fits. But, we have 2 adults in our group who'd always be happy to sit in the lounge (lots of sofas to sit and wait adjacent to Chef Mickey's) and not eat at CM's. COntempo Cafe is right there (but not sure if they are open at 5pm).

So, I guess if at least 1 person is ok with not getting a seat, I'd just ask at the podium. If its a deal breaker, then I'd cancel. We went 2x late August and the CMs at the CM :) podium are so, so nice. (But of course you can't guarantee adding another person at such a busy restaurant in advance. I'd just be surprised if you couldn't.)

Don't worry. They will accommodate you if it's just one person. I have done it myself several times.

Don't worry. They will accommodate you if it's just one person. I have done it myself several times.

They MIGHT. People have seen an extra person turned away at restaurants before. One can NOT count on it.

Thank you. I have been calling everyday. All but one CM told me to just show up because it was only 1 more. We have 4 kids and 1 high chair.

I was thinking most tables would be for an even number too, but I guess it is more of a fire code issue.

Unfortunately none of us can tell you ahead of time if they will be able to seat you with an extra guest or not. So you have to decide if it is worth the risk or not. If the worst happens and they can't seat the extra person, what will you do? Will someone go elsewhere for food? Will you all skip the ADR and lose the money?

Hopefully they would be able to seat your extra person, but it is not a given by any means. You are doing the best thing, which is to keep checking.

You can also look for an ADR at around the same time for a party of 1 or 2. If you find one, book it! And then ask if you can be seated together. Good luck whatever you decide!

Just show up together and give them your name. They will take you to the table. As everyone is sitting down ask the hostess for another chair/table set up. I'm sure they will bring it to you. They won't say "no".

Look at it this way: If my friends are at CMs, I can walk in and sit with them as they are eating. No one is going to kick me out of the restaurant. I'm sure I can also eat if I pay.

I think this is a system issue -- they cannot enter you all in the system but once you show up it will be fine, I'm sure.

Just show up together and give them your name. They will take you to the table. As everyone is sitting down ask the hostess for another chair/table set up. I'm sure they will bring it to you. They won't say "no".

Look at it this way: If my friends are at CMs, I can walk in and sit with them as they are eating. No one is going to kick me out of the restaurant. I'm sure I can also eat if I pay.

I think this is a system issue -- they cannot enter you all in the system but once you show up it will be fine, I'm sure.

People are turned away. It is not as simple as adding a chair. At most tables there is barely room to eat without bumping the person sitting next to you, let alone squeezing in another chair. It also has to do with the capacity of the restaurant, and if they are at it or not when someone shows up with an extra guest. Of course Disney will sit the extra person if they can, but that is a big IF.

I really wish people would stop insisting it will be fine if they just show up with an extra person. Hopefully it will be, but none of us can be sure of that now! It does no one any service to sit here and say yes it will be fine. It may not be!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter