ADR and why so limited

cmadara

Mouseketeer
I have been to Disney many times but have only made a few ADR's over the years. I'm getting close to my 180 days- Wednesday is when I can start making ADR's for our 1st day. Just to see how it works,
I went on this morning at 7 am and for BOG they were only showing 2 times for lunch. Looked at Crystal Palace for a breakfast time and they were only showing 2 times as well. Are they only releasing a few times in the beginning? Or is it that there are so many people making ADR's- I understand that we are going in August.
If I can't get the exact times I want, should I just make an ADR and keep checking- daily if needed?
Thanks for all your suggestions!

They generally release everything at once. Sometimes they hold back a block of times for unknown reasons (a possible private event) but that's not routine.

Keep in mind that people are booking at 180 plus 10, not just 180.

Thank you DisBuckMan! So tomorrow then starts my 180 mark for the first day of my stay. How do I "let ADR know" that it is the start of my stay? Am I making sense? I am so confused!! We arrive at BC on Sunday August 13 but want to make my ADR's for Aug 14 for BOG and August 18 for CP.
Thank you all for your help!! There is so much I have to learn for this trip! We haven't been in over 4 years!

Thank you DisBuckMan! So tomorrow then starts my 180 mark for the first day of my stay. How do I "let ADR know" that it is the start of my stay? Am I making sense? I am so confused!! We arrive at BC on Sunday August 13 but want to make my ADR's for Aug 14 for BOG and August 18 for CP.
Thank you all for your help!! There is so much I have to learn for this trip! We haven't been in over 4 years!

If your BC stay is appearing in your MDE, the system will know it's your 180 day mark. If your stay is not showing, you need to link it to MDE.

BoG is pretty tough to get, especially very close to your 180 day mark. If you're not successful getting it for the 14th, try getting it for the 18th, since it appears you'll be at MK then, too. Might can swap your BoG and CP days?

Ok I see! If I go through MDE to make the reservations I can start making them tomorrow for my length of stay. I was going through the regular ADR section. When I log on to my MDE, I can see where my dates are highlighted.
Thank you so much!!

Thank you DisBuckMan!! I got on this morning at exactly 5:58, started refreshing, refreshing, refreshing and was able to snap up BoG for the exact time I wanted! I was able to get CP but earlier than I wanted-that's ok, I will keep checking.
Wouldn't have been possible without your help!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter