ADR after Fantasmic? HS, EPCOT, ??

Mewissy

Mouseketeer
We have gotten FP+ for Fantasmic one night of our trip next month. But because of other FP+ times (and a 1:20 lunch ADR for Prime Time Café), I'm leaning towards getting dinner afterwards.

We are staying at BCV and have both a breakfast and dinner ADR at CMC earlier in the stay. What other options would be good for both adults and kids? We've stayed at BW before and feel that many of those restaurants are a little more "adult", but maybe I'm wrong. Would you consider going into EPCOT afterwards or would that be too risky? EPCOT is open until 9. (Looks like Fastasmic would be over by about 8:30 - but we'd still have to leave HS and get somewhere.)

Thanks!

ETA: We are not on the DP, so I guess even Swan and Dolphin would be options.

If Fantasmic is over at 8:30 pm, you still have to get out DHS and then get to Epcot. THe boat ride is about 25 minutes once the boat leaves DHS, so that's probably a little tight. It's about a 1.2 mile walk to Epcot. Unless it's an EMH night, most of the restaurants will stop seating folks a little before 9:00 pm. Personally, I don't think I'd try to get into Epcot in time to make a dinner ADR after seeing Fantasmic.

Flying Fish might be a good option. It is a Signature, but it seems to be one that might be better for kids. However, it does depend a little on how old are your kid(s)? Flying Fish has a whimsical decor and lots to look at, but it's still a Sig and dinner can take up to two hours. (Yachtsman is another Sig, but it doesn't have much to look at and has roughly the same time commitment.)

I've eaten at Big River Grille, but it was long ago and I honestly don't remember much about it. I ate at Captain's Grille earlier this year and it isn't a place I'd go back to. The food was okay (nothing special, but not awful either), the service was lacking (our server was hard to find and not very friendly), and it was noisy (and there were only a few tables full when we were there, so I can't imagine what it'd be like if it was full).

Why not go to DTD for a late dinner? There are plenty of options there, many of which take the DP.

Why not go to DTD for a late dinner? There are plenty of options there, many of which take the DP.

The OP isn't on the DDP, but either way DTD is another option. To the OP, you'll need to get to one of the resorts to get to DTD. There are not busses directly from DHS (or any park) to DTD. If you do opt to check out DTD, I highly recommend Raglan Road (there is live Irish Dancing and a band), but it might get a bit louder later in the evening because there is also a full bar inside the restaurant.

Interesting - I hadn't even considered DTD.

My kids are 6,4, and 4.

Has anyone ever eaten at the Picabu Buffeteria in the Dolphin? I'm thinking it would be faster which might be a plus since the kids may be worn out. DH even said a stop for Pizza at The Boardwalk may work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter