• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ADP - Live From Disney World

Too bad about Whispering Canyon - that's disappointing. Thanks for the shots of Small World - Sarah's gonna love seeing that, SW freak that she is! :) That's a great pic of you and Anna.:thumbsup2

Hi Everyone,

We are headed out this morning to EPCOT. We will have our rain ponchos with us today as it appears there is a decent chance for some rain this afternoon. So far no change of plans.

We'll be back later this evening with another report.

Thanks for the update and the pictures Aaron.

I so want to stay at VWL. Everytime I try I can't get all of the days I needs. I love the decor and the whole vibe of the place.

The live report is great!
I am staying at VWL this Thanksgiving with my extended family so the resort details remind me of all that I love about VWL.
My home resort is BCV so I'll be thinking of you going over there to enjoy some ice cream at Beaches and Cream. My favorite is the frozen sunshine. I can just taste it now.....
Have a great day in Epcot, it is probably the most doable park in the rain (although I hope you don't get too much rain.) We will be awaiting your return tonight!
Tammy

Anna, Daisy, and me at Camp Minnie Mickey
Picture080-1.jpg

Awesome picture!!!! Thanks for sharing you guys look like you are having a blast!

man look at all the fun I've missed while I was working!! your trip looks so fun! I too am lime green with envy!

Wednesday, July 16th

Hi Everyone,

We are back from our day. We accomplished quite a bit; although I was a bit disappointed not to be able to ride Toy Story Mania. We are headed back to the Studios tomorrow morning so we will be able to get on then. More on this in a bit.

We started our day at EPCOT. We had about a 20 minute wait at the bus depot this morning for an EPCOT bus. Also, anyone who stays at the Wilderness Lodge needs to know you will stop at Ft. Wilderness on your way to EPCOT to pick up guests there. That adds about 10 minutes to your bus commute.

EPCOT was not very crowded this morning or even into the early afternoon. Last night was EPCOT Extra Magic Hours so I figured crowd levels would be smaller. It seemed to work out that way today. Attractions we experienced at EPCOT were Test Track (fastpass), Mission: Space, Spaceship Earth, Journey into your Imagination, The Seas with Nemo & Friends, and World Showcase.

Here are some photos from our morning and afternoon at EPCOT.

News Flash! It's July and the Brazillian tour groups are out in full force.
Picture081-1-1.jpg

A glorious good morning to Spaceship Earth.
Picture082-1-1.jpg

The tip board at Innoventions plaza showing the various wait times.
Picture083-1-1.jpg

Picture084-1.jpg

Mission: Space with the wait time at at 10:30 this morning.
Picture085-1.jpg

The trash musicians. (I forget their name)
Picture086-1.jpg

Here are some shots from our tour around World Showcase this afternoon.

The crowds at EPCOT; espcially World Showcase were pretty thin. Here's a look at the main pathway. Not crowded at all.
Picture087-2.jpg

America Pavillion, the Fife & Drum band.
Picture088-2.jpg

We stopped in Japan to watch the candy lady making candy art.
Picture089-1.jpg

We stopped in france and spent some time eating and drinking.

The fountain in France
Picture090-1.jpg

Ham & Cheese Croissant and a Napoleon from the Chef's de France Bakery. Very yummy!
Picture091-1.jpg

A Grey Goose slush. Very refreshing.
Picture092-1.jpg

After we finished our tour of World Showcase we walked out the International Gateway (aka EPCOT's back entrance) and walked to the Beach Club for some Ice Cream at Beaches and Cream. The restaurant is on the backside of the resort. It is a small restaurant, but since it was about 2:30 there was not much of a crowd. We decided to sit at the bar. Kim and I decided to split a No Way Jose; which is 3 scoops of ice cream, peanut butter and chocolate syrup with whipped cream, chocolate and peanut butter chips on top. Now, I've had many desserts at WDW and to me this is the best of the best. Anna had a Mickey Mouse sundae. A scoop of vanilla ice cream with two Oreo cookies on top. Total cost was $14.22 with our 20% DDE discount.

The No Way Jose. NO WAY!!!
Picture093-1.jpg

As we left we caught the kitchen staff creating a Kitchen Sink. Absolutely HUGE!!!
Picture094-1.jpg

After we left Beaches and Cream we walked around to the Atlantic Dance Hall near the Boardwalk Resort. The Disney Vacation Club holds a free event there every Wednesday at 4:00PM called Welcome Home Wednesday for DVC members. This was the first time we ever attended. At 4:00PM the doors opened and we were greeted with many welcome homes. We were given 2 cards to fill out with our name for prize drawings later. When we entered the hall the atmosphere was festive. The main stage had a game show setup with a very large TV screen behind it. DVC promotional videos were shown prior to the start of the game show. Complimentary snacks and lemonade were provided. The snacks included bags of chips, popcorn, pretzels and Cracker Jacks. I was surprised by the turn-out. There were easily 150 plus in attendance. After about 15 minutes of socializing and eating some snacks the hostess of the game show was introduced. Her name is Miss Dee Vee Cee. She is the first lady of the Disney Vacation Club. She ran the game show and later would draw for the prizes for the event.

I thought this event was nice and I'm glad we did it. It's not something I will run back to; however, I'm very glad we did it once. It was well worth it since it rained the entire hour we were in the Atlantic Dance Hall. It was our way of staying dry.

Here are some photos of the event.

The setup of the stage.
Picture095-1.jpg

The snack table.
Picture096-1.jpg

Miss Dee Veecee was introduced as the host of the game show. Volunteers for the game were picked by Miss Dee Vee Cee.
Picture097-1.jpg

The DVC game show in action. The format of the game is very similar to Jeopardy with DVC questions and answers.
Picture098-1-1.jpg

After we left the Atlantic Dance Hall the rain had stopped. We walked over to the Swan/Dolphin boat dock and hopped on the boat to Hollywood Studios. When we arrived there was a light sprinkle, but nothing bad at all. The crowd on Hollywood Blvd was not heavy; however, the crowd inside the rest of the park was much worse. Waits at Toy Story Mania were 80 minutes. Later they would increase to 120 minutes (2 hours). Fastpasses were gone for the day and the single rider line was closed. Instead of spending all that time in line we decided to wait until our visit tomorrow morning to ride. Attractions we experienced at DHS tonight were Star Tours, Muppet Vision 3-D, The Art of Disney Animation where Anna drew a great Winnie the Pooh, and the Great Movie Ride.

Here are some photos from our evening at DHS.

The crowd on Hollywood Blvd at around 5:30PM.
Picture099-1.jpg

The tip board on Hollywood Blvd showing the wait times.
Picture100-1.jpg

The crowd at Pixar Place was thick. No chance to ride TSM.
Picture101-1.jpg

A Toy Story meet and greet across from TSM. It is indoors now. Woody and Buzz were inside. Quite a long line.
Picture102-1.jpg

Anna, me and a Green Army guy!
Picture104-1.jpg

TSM front entry signage showing a 120 minute wait. Quite the crowd.
Picture105-1.jpg

Finally, the wagging Pluto on Hollywood Blvd. See you tomorrow Pluto.
Picture106-1.jpg

That was our day. We left DHS at around 9:15PM. We hope to get more accomplished there tomorrow morning and afternoon. The streetmosphere characters were in for the night after we arrived this evening. I'm hopeful to catch some of them when we arrive tomorrow.

Up Next:
Cape May Character Breakfast (8:00AM ADR)
Hollywood Studios
Downtown Disney or Wilderness Lodge swimming pool
A visit to the Territory Lounge and Trout Pass Pool bar

Looks like a great day...

I know how you feel about TSM...

We were there before the official opening and everytime we showed up it was 60 minutes +. Our official DHS day came up and we were there 20 minutes before opening.

When they let us in we RAN to TSM and were the second people on because I also stopped for a fast pass. We rode it again after we got off and kind of kept this up until lunch, I ended up giving our passes away as we didn't need them.:rotfl:

I felt soo victorious!!!:cool1: You will love it!!!:3dglasses

Great report Aaron! You guys look like you're having a blast even though it's quite crowded. We've never gone in the summer. I don't think I could handle some of those wait times. Keep up the awesome work!!
--Megan

GREAT report Aaron !!! (DH is also Aaron - you two related?)

i just read from the beginning to here and am looking forward to the next installment!!

the pictures are fabulous....it's so much fun to see them 'as you're there' so to speak...really like being there with you...

your report is also reminding me of things i haven't done yet for DD's september trip (i'm the happy planner for her)..
i have to sign her up for the magical express...
anyone know how to do that?
we've never used ME, so i'm clueless what you're supposed to do in advance..

as for Toy Story Mania - a friend was there in june and said that all the FPs were gone for the day by 10 am during their stay...they managed to ride it twice though....and said it was an 'awesome' ride...

sorry about the rain forest...i've never had a good experience at any of them (including the one in detroit)...and it's not on the dining plan either, so it's in general a pain...

i hope DD has a better time at Whispering Canyon - she's taking her best friend to WDW - her friends first time (first time at WDW and in america for that matter)...so DD is really hoping everything will be GREAT....
i think i have a dinner reservation for her at WCC...it will probably be a zoo at dinner...
i hadn't thought of making her lunch reservations...maybe that would be a better idea...early afternoon like yours...

by the way, i noticed you skipped Finding Nemo the musical....that was our favorite thing at AK when we were there in November....we saw it 4 times...

can't wait to hear about the poly....

Great report! Your descriptions along with your pictures really are giving a feeling of what its like there right now. Thanks for taking the time to post each night. Although your food descriptions and photos (which are great) are rather torturous to those of us back home watching what we eat:rotfl:
I like your plan of CMC for breakfast then off to HS. Hope the slow boat catches a good wind!
Tammy

the only way I can possibly top this is with live video and sock puppets... wow. Great live trip report. Thanks for all the pics.

Hey Aaron? Did you get any "loot" at the Welcome Home Wednesday event? Hats? Lanyards? DH and I are new DVC members and, since it's our plan to be at Epcot on Wednesday anyway during our September trip, I think we'll pop over.

after those pictures i'm definately hitting beaches and cream....ummmmmm... ice cream:goodvibes :goodvibes thanks aron for the trip report and the pictures, after reading you trip report I dream of Disney.. anyway, it was a nightmare because Disney was closed :confused3

sounds like a great trip...120 minute wait for TSM wow!! I don't think I have ever experienced waits like that.

We love the WL....and the poly is amazing. Have a wonderful rest of your trip.

78 days 14 hrs 15 min 39 sec til our BWV child free anniversary trip:banana:

Wow great trip report!:thumbsup2 We will be staying at WL in September. I live in the roaring fork valley, so when I saw the name of the snack location I thought that was cool. A little bit of home so far away.:goodvibes Can't wait to here more.popcorn:: Oh by the way me name is Anna also.:) Have a good time on the rest of your trip.

Great report so far. Can't believe it has only been 4 months since I was there last. Seems like forever!

Wednesday, July 16th
The Disney Vacation Club holds a free event there every Wednesday at 4:00PM called Welcome Home Wednesday for DVC members. [/B]

I thought I read somewhere this had stopped. Here's looking forward to Doing it in Sept!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter