Admiral's Floor at NPBC.....worth it?

scottishgirl87

DIS Veteran
Just looking for some advice really....we're booked into the NPBC for 3 nights in May and from the information on the Disney website it seems it would cost just £40 for us to upgrade to the Admiral's Floor for our stay. I'm quite tempted by this as I thought it would be alot more expensive.

However, I'm not sure the benefits of it would actually benefit us in any real way. There's only the 2 of us and I doubt we'd use the room service option at all and being close to the reception isn't particularly high on our agenda.

Will it be the same price when we check-in on the day or is it more expensive to upgrade when you're there? I'm contemplating just waiting and seeing how we feel when we get there.

What do you guys think? Is it worth it really? The rooms aren't any different are they?

I would think it will be much more expensive to upgrade when you get to the hotel - as the "rack rate" prices per room are much more expensive than booking in advance.

I know you say you're not that bothered about being near reception, but honestly, the distance we had to walk from reception the one time we stayed at the NBC soured my experience at the hotel. Its huge, with wings which go on for corridors and corridors once you've left the reception area.

As the Admirals floor rooms all seem to be in the main building (ie not in the wings) I'd say £40 to upgrade is a small price to pay :) .

When you get to the page showing the "package that meets your criteria", scroll down to where it says "room type" and click on "select a different room type". There you can choose a Lake side view or Admirals floor or both.

i would definately pay the 40 pound to be near the reception. i know someone who stayed there at christmas and they said never again. i asked why and their only complaint against the hotel was that they had to walk six corridors to get to their room. they said it easily took ten minutes to get downstairs and out of the hotel.

i would definately pay the 40 pound to be near the reception. i know someone who stayed there at christmas and they said never again. i asked why and their only complaint against the hotel was that they had to walk six corridors to get to their room. they said it easily took ten minutes to get downstairs and out of the hotel.

Sounds like your friend had the same room at the NBC that I did in October :rotfl:

Forgot I had posted this, lol. Problem solved anyway as we paid £40 and upgraded to the Hotel New York instead :)

We stayed on the Admiral's floor last september. We were three corridors away from the lifts which didn't take long to walk to. That was about it. Oh, we had our own reception check in desk but it wasn't really busy when we checked in so this didn't make much difference. I think I preferred this to walking miles to get to recption.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter