• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adjoining room, but we are not adjoining

KC-Disney

Karen
We are soon going and have room 6038 on the Magic. It is apparantly an adjoining room, but we are not adjoining with anyone. Do these rooms have less storage because of the door, or what is in front of the door when you don't use it? Anyone been in the room before?

I suspect you mean connecting rooms. If you are not linked with the party next door, the doors will be locked from both sides. No, you don't lose storage space or anything. You can put luggage there if you wish...

We never had noise issues in this situation--it's a big heavy door that did the job well.

Ya, I meant connecting rooms. I know last time we were in 6050, and had a big stand up trunk for storage. I hope we have that again.

I am glad there is no noise issues.

We traveled in 6036 recently (connects with yours). It had the steamer trunk for storage next to the door. We also had no problem with noise from the connecting room.

We stayed in a connecting room once and I do remember that the little corner seat that has open storage below was not there. (We keep shoes in there). I don't know it that's true of all cabins or not?! :confused3

Generally speaking, there isn't any difference in the storage space available in a "connecting" room and a "non-connecting" room.

As an example, you can look at these old DCL cabin plans:
Deluxe Cabin
Veranda Cabin

As you will see, the plans show the ajoining doors along with the multi-draw cabinet by the closet AND the steamer trunk. For typical rooms without connecting doors, there is just a blank wall in place of the door with not extra furnature.

I liked having the connecting door because it gave me somewhere else to hang something on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter