Adjoining Room = Adjoining Balcony?

scrappinginontario

We just booked on the Fantasy today! We were able to get adjoining verandah rooms. A verandah room is new to me (we've a had an inside cabin for our first 2 cruises.)

Just curious, if the rooms are adjoining, does this mean that the balconies are too or will they probably be 2 separate balconies? Just curious.

TIA!

We just booked on the Fantasy today! We were able to get adjoining verandah rooms. A verandah room is new to me (we've a had an inside cabin for our first 2 cruises.)

Just curious, if the rooms are adjoining, does this mean that the balconies are too or will they probably be 2 separate balconies? Just curious.

TIA!
First, a little semantics - "Adjoining" means next door to each other (with no interior connecting door)
"Connecting" means that there is an interior connecting door between the rooms.

I'm figuring that you have two rooms that you would have to go outside the room to get into the other.

Most verandah dividers on the Fantasy can open, regardless if the two rooms are actually connecting rooms.

Some do not, as the verandah divider is part of the superstructure of the ship.

Here's a verandah divider that can open (front panel folds back on the panel closest to the ship):
verandah 4 fantasy 2014 opening divider 27121 P1030968 1500.jpg

And here's a verandah divider that can't open:
verandah 1 fantasy 2014 non-opening divider 20089 P1030233 1500.jpg

Thanks so much @PrincessShmoo. You are correct that I meant connecting rooms. We just booked a cruise with a room that connects us to my parents.

I'm guessing we will have a divider that is able to open if we wish. We'll see when we board I guess. :)

Do you happen to know where I can find which connecting rooms can have an open verandah. It would be really convenient for us.
We'll be on the Fantasy in February and have a connecting room to my parents. I went on the Disney cruise website and did a chat to find out if our balconies could be opened. The cast member was really helpful.

Just keep in mind that even if your verandah does open to the one next door, sometimes they may not allow you to have it open due to wind. That happened to us last time on the Dream; stateroom attendant came around and locked everyone's.

Just be aware that the CMs who do reservations and answer the chat may not be 100% accurate.
She was honest about it and said that she didn't see anywhere that it said they couldn't be opened. I also found a picture of our room from another source and it looked like the verandah could be opened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter