Adjoining or at least adjacent studios

Mommydar

Perpetual Planner of trips to The World
I've noticed that for some of the resorts, the points required for two studios is less than a two bedroom. Is it possible when booking with DVC to book more than one unit i.e. two studios? Are any of the studios adjoining or at least side by side if we took my parents.

There are no connecting studios. You can certainly book more than one unit.

There are some adjoining studios, but there is no guarentee you will get them. DVC operates at pretty full occupancy and its luck of the draw on if they can put you close. And sometimes DVC seems to have a sense of humor about close - i.e. same part of the building, but a different floor. Its even possible you'd end up on different ends of the resort.

My parents did this for us before we bought our DVC. They do not have conecting studios, but my mom requested to be near each other and we never more than a few doors down. We've stayed at WL, and were across the halway. At OKW they were at one end of the building and we were at the other, but it was no more than 10 doors or so. Also at SSR, a few time and we were just down the hall from eachother.

I've noticed that for some of the resorts, the points required for two studios is less than a two bedroom. Is it possible when booking with DVC to book more than one unit i.e. two studios? Are any of the studios adjoining or at least side by side if we took my parents.

Remember, booking two studios you lose the living room, kitchen, in room washer and dryer and bigger bathroom.

We like the two bedroom because the living room gives us a place to sit and relax as a family. For us it's worth the extra points.

:) Bill

We had 2 studios that were next to each other years ago at BWV. They weren't connecting - if you wanted to see each other, you had to enter the other studio from the hallway. It was nice.

No king sized bed if you get two studios.

I think VB has a few connecting studios but as noted, no way to guarantee you'll get one. I'm not aware of any other connecting studios.

We went with family this summer and had difficulty at BCV and OKW getting rooms near enough to each other. We had to move mid week both times to get even relatively close. One was on another floor and one was in the next building over. But originally, they were very far apart.

Kind of disappointing, but it worked out fine.

We went with family this summer and had difficulty at BCV and OKW getting rooms near enough to each other. We had to move mid week both times to get even relatively close. One was on another floor and one was in the next building over. But originally, they were very far apart.

Kind of disappointing, but it worked out fine.

This is the risk with the "two studios" arrangement. We had two two bedrooms at the BW that we requested be close together, and they managed to get them right next door. I was thrilled. But I had prepared everyone for "we might be on opposite ends of the resort."

Its one of those things where if you NEED to be close, its probably worth the extra points (or shorter stay) for a two bedroom so there isn't any risk of being separated. For instance, if the OPs parents are elderly and being really close will make vacation a lot easier. If its a "it would be nice to be close" - two studios might be a bargain enough to take the risk. If the OPs parents are hale and hearty in their 50s and can be relied on to meet them at the bus stop every morning, it might not be a big deal to be separated. Which brings up another thing - being "across the resort" at SSR means being several bus stops away. Same with OKW. While the hallways at BWVs are long, its easy to meet up in the lobby.

And never get two studios to save with a larger family with smaller children. Children cannot stay in a villa by themselves. Mom will have to stay with some in one villa, Dad with the rest in another.

I think VB has a few connecting studios but as noted, no way to guarantee you'll get one. I'm not aware of any other connecting studios.

VB definitely has connecting Inn rooms (ocean view). We requested and were given that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter