Adhesives question

PigletFairy

Mouseketeer
I am kinda new to scrapbooking and I was wondering what your favorite adhesive was. I've used 3D dots, glue stick, and square adhesives. I like using vellum and accessories. I cannot figure out what type to buy. Do I need a xyron (sp) machine? how do you glue bottle caps? I have so many adhesive questions!! :sad2:

I started out with the squares but I am finding that they are not sticking very well so I'm moving on to glue dots.
My number one tool right now is an xyron machine, I have the small 150 and the 250. It works out well for die cuts and punched items, especially ones with odd corners and edges.
I still haven't found a vellum tape I am really happy with, I have one right now on a roll but I'm not sure who makes it.

My favorite adhesive is still mounting squares. For small items though I did get the little Xyron 150 that is very handy. I have a couple different types of vellum tape that are so-so. Mostly I try to use brads and eyelets for vellum.

I like the glue dots.. small ones work best w/ odd shaped items..
I have the xyron for other things too... I like it alot!!! I have the square both big and small..
I haven't found anything I'm happy with on vellum yet.. so I'm sticking to brads/eyelets on those!!!

I swear by 3L adhesives. They have a "docking station" that holds 3 cartridges: tape runner, mounting squares (that roll out very nicely), and vellum adhesive (still not perfect, but is very good).

I use glue dots for metal and heavier embellishments or for things that I really want stuck down permanently, for good.

I'm a Xyron instructor, so I'll toss in that I LOVE Xyron products, too. The glue dot runner is very nice and the sticker machines rock for die cuts and other little things.

I also like the photo squares. I have a xyron, but I rarely use it. Unheard of, I know. I use brads or eyelets for vellum. The Creative Memories squares are frosted and I found they work the best for handmade or mostly opaque papers. For ribbon or metal, I like to use glue dots. They are wonderful. If I have to glue something that is going to move (like on a card) or something that goes across my whole page, I like the super sticky tape (double stick with a red liner). I can never remember what it is called, I just know where to find it! :)

I use a tape runner. Not sure of the brand but it comes in a red cartridge. Purple for velum (I have never bought it though). I also love my 150 Xyron for my sizzlet letters and other small things.

Jessie's Girl said:
I use a tape runner. Not sure of the brand but it comes in a red cartridge. Purple for velum (I have never bought it though). I also love my 150 Xyron for my sizzlet letters and other small things.

That's the 3L adhesive that I use, too :thumbsup2

My all time fav is Hermafix Squares!! I love them!! I also like the Xyron Cheetah and mono adhesive (although I use mono adhesive too quickly!) For bottle caps, I use the 3-D dots some are not thick enough and you may need 2 of them if you use them with the flat surface on top!! :goodvibes

Good Luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter