Addonitis

michelleiada

DIS Veteran
I finally became a DVC member in August, purchasing 250 points at BCV. It took me a few years to save the money to pay cash for this. I dreamed about it for years. We haven't even had our first official trip home yet, booked 12 nights in June. I am already trying to figure out how to buy more points. I've begun a little special saving for it again.. What the heck is wrong with me?? Will I ever be satisfied?

I finally became a DVC member in August, purchasing 250 points at BCV. It took me a few years to save the money to pay cash for this. I dreamed about it for years. We haven't even had our first official trip home yet, booked 12 nights in June. I am already trying to figure out how to buy more points. I've begun a little special saving for it again.. What the heck is wrong with me?? Will I ever be satisfied?

Start adding up the $$ for your annual member fees and that will be the cure. Plus the price of park admission and travelling to WDW.

Deb & Bill said:
Start adding up the $$ for your annual member fees and that will be the cure. Plus the price of park admission and travelling to WDW.

LOL....I guess that's true. Aweeee....If only I could be on a perpetual Disney Vacation....

Seriously though, if I could go a few times a year it may satisfy me for a bit! I see you own at VWL. Do you love it there? I love BCV and wonder if I would buy at another location, perhaps VWL!

We have OKW and BCV ... But my heart belongs to VWL especially at the holidays...so, after further discussions :rotfl2: we will look for a small resale there. We have three daughters, so this will give each of them (they are on the deeds anyway) one. They can haggle about which one and sell if they want once we are gone...we are in our early 60's so I would assume there will be a few years left on the contracts. But the advantages for us, far outweigh the costs..:rolleyes1

We have OKW and BCV ... But my heart belongs to VWL especially at the holidays...so, after further discussions :rotfl2: we will look for a small resale there. We have three daughters, so this will give each of them (they are on the deeds anyway) one. They can haggle about which one and sell if they want once we are gone...we are in our early 60's so I would assume there will be a few years left on the contracts. But the advantages for us, far outweigh the costs..:rolleyes1

Good for You! Sounds like you are living the dream.

Stephen

Addonitis got me and now BCV will be seeing me a bit more!!

I feel like a kid at Christmas!:banana:

I really feel like we can stay almost anywhere on our original contract and are perfectly happy to stay at our home resort during times of high demand.

That said, we did take advantage of our Cast Member discount to purchase a small amount of Aulani points last Fall. With those, we can go every three years. We were super excited about it, having just returned from Aulani, but once we started adding up the annual fees we wondered if we hadn't made a mistake. We're hoping that our next trip with erase the buyer's remorse as we're sitting on the deck of our one bedroom overlooking the ocean.:beach:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter