Addonitis has hit again! Split on use year

Ilyo

Happy DVC Member
We bought Boardwalk last year...been to BWV once, AKL and VWL and loved them all.

We were going to wait until Grand Floridian went on sale and buy direct...but after some thought we decided it was crazy to pay double or more for home resort window...

So we are now looking at Bay Lake Towers...that way we have home resort at Epcot area and MK area.

So were looking only at contracts with same use year to make it simple...but are some good deals with loaded contracts...

Any major downfalls if I chose to go with different use year? Would be titled the same so hoping to use same dvcmember login.

Thanks!

Any major downfalls if I chose to go with different use year?

You'd have to transfer points when you need them for 1 complete reservation. So if you have 5pts left in each contract and need 10pts, you'd have to transfer. And you can only do that once a year!

If you book more at the 11m window, it's not much of an issue. If you are more likely to switch and/or combine points at 7m, it turns into a hassle.

Wow, that is the same conclusion we came to. We have a contract awaiting ROFR decision for BLT right now!

We have decided to keep the UY the same. We have 20+ parts to our contracts all March UY. It's hard enough to keep track of all the contracts since they are listed by number not by specific resorts on out membership points page!

You have to be sure that the contract is titled the same. I have always notified DVC once the contract has cleared ROFR and mentioned I was buying an additional contract.

We have 2 UY's and don't find it too difficult to manage. When I log on to the member website I have access to both in the same log in. It is easier to have only one UY but if you're organized at all then having 2 isn't bad.

And depending on if you would plan on using BLT mostly for BLT then it's pretty easy. Otherwise if I use from both contracts I'll usually book entire days out of each one and then link the stay. That used to mean one seemless stay but the most recent software update now means you have to get a new set of keys (love how they "broke" that feature) but you still stay in the same room. I am hopeful they will get that fixed again one day but of course am not holding my breath.

Or you can transfer points from one UY to the other and have a continuous stay booked. Both are pretty easy to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter