Additional MK DVC after hours events

One of these days I'll hit it just right lol. Missed the september ones this year by a week, same in February next year.

Wish they'd announce before 11 month window

AGREED!

We have to book our rooms 11 months out, our dining 6 months out and our FPs 2 months out. You would think they could get us the info on our "perks" in time to actually plan around them.

We will miss these dates. We did make a Typhoon Lagoon night and the AK night that had rain. We'll make a Merry Mixer in December. I think we have done OK.

Ha, ha, ha -- yep, those dates are a "swing and a miss" for us, too. We have a short land/cruise combo (DCL/DVC Grand Floridian) fitted just between the two new dates. Oh, well. Gladly, we hope to attend the event at DCA next week.

We did the one last February and 2 of the Beach bashes this past summer. Had a great time at both. I booked a room for the March 4 just in case. There wasn't a single studio available for the February date.

We did the one last February and 2 of the Beach bashes this past summer. Had a great time at both. I booked a room for the March 4 just in case. There wasn't a single studio available for the February date.

Did you have to be staying on site or in a DVC room to attend any of the past events?

Did you have to be staying on site or in a DVC room to attend any of the past events?

I think for the MK and Typhoon Lagoon they offered it to members staying onsite first. The AK party they offered it to members staying on and off property.

I saw this last night...so annoyed as we're leaving Disney on 2/23...just missed it! :mad: Normally I'd have booked a Sat-Sat and we'd have been able to go, but we're only staying 6 nts this time as we're getting a 2 bdrm so family can stay with us, and the airfare worked out better going Friday-Thursday. Why couldn't they have it on the Wed. night? :rolleyes:

I agree they should at least let us know at the 7 mth window...I'd have picked different dates then! Oh well...haven't made it to any of these events yet, and it would be too costly to add on 2 nights--both point-wise (only thing I saw available was a 1 bedroom at SSR for 77pts) and $-wise (airfare costs would go up by $200/person). A free event isn't worth all that!

For the MK event, you had to be staying in a DVC room. For the beach bash, when they first opened up booking you had to be in a DVC room as well. But after a month or so they opened it up for anyone. I randomly called one day and there was availability so I just booked a room at Pop Century.

I am booking a room for the march 4th one, how was the MK one last year? What was open, characters and so on?

For the MK event, you had to be staying in a DVC room. For the beach bash, when they first opened up booking you had to be in a DVC room as well. But after a month or so they opened it up for anyone. I randomly called one day and there was availability so I just booked a room at Pop Century.

My recollection is different - that MK event did not require one to be staying onsite. That event can accommodate many more people than some of the others.

I am booking a room for the march 4th one, how was the MK one last year? What was open, characters and so on?

Tomorrowland, most or all of Fantasyland and I believe HM were open. There were characters but we did not do that so I cannot say who, meets with DVC executives and some snacks - chips, cookies (perhaps), ice cream bars, water and lemonade.

My recollection is different - that MK event did not require one to be staying onsite. That event can accommodate many more people than some of the others.

I think opening booking day you had to have a resort reservation but then others said they got it without one. As for characters we lined up for what we were told was the 7 dwarfs. However it was Robin Hood and his whole gang. They also had alot of old time characters back in storybook circus area. I think Darkwing Duck was one. Each princess had their prince with them as well.

Woohoo! I'm excited for this one as that's exactly when we'll be there. We are off site for the week and then 1 night (24th) at BLT before going home. Thanks for the heads up.

I just cancelled a January trip and started rebooking for end of February to early March yesterday. February 24th was my starting day and March 5th my last night.

Needless to say I am late to this game.

I was able to book a split stay with Sun, Mon and Tues in a BWV BW view and Wed, Thursday and Friday in a Poly standard view. Can't get anything on 24th and 25th of Feb. Did get a room at OKW for March 4th and a room at BLT for March 5th, and then added waitlists.

Something tells me if I had booked a day or so earlier, I would have had more choices!

I just cancelled a January trip and started rebooking for end of February to early March yesterday. February 24th was my starting day and March 5th my last night.

Needless to say I am late to this game.

I was able to book a split stay with Sun, Mon and Tues in a BWV BW view and Wed, Thursday and Friday in a Poly standard view. Can't get anything on 24th and 25th of Feb. Did get a room at OKW for March 4th and a room at BLT for March 5th, and then added waitlists.

Something tells me if I had booked a day or so earlier, I would have had more choices!

As soon as I saw this, I went online and booked March 3-7 at OKW. Then I talked to DH about going, lol. I figured it would go quick. When I looked again this morning, it doesn't look like much is open now.

So glad they are doing this event on a Friday & a Saturday. I'm a local DVC and do weekends. I typically do not do the special events due to them being during the week. I did get to go to AKL Sept 22nd event as the 23rd was DH's B-day and we both took off for that months prior to the event.
I just booked SS for the March 4th event. YAY!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter