• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

additional driver fee

lmmmdtmlem

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know what Avis charges for an additional driver? Here's the problem: We have a minivan reserved from Dollar for $249.00 for eight days in November and a minivan reserved from Avis for $219 for eight days. With the Dollar rental, we will not have any additional driver fees because my parents are going along and belong to the Silver Dollar Club which waives the additional driver fee. With Avis, I can't seem to find any information about additional driver fees but am assuming that there will be one based on what I've learned. We really don't want to be restricted to one driver because sometimes my husband and sometimes my father may be driving. Any suggestions? Thanks so much in advance!:) :)

I don't think there is an additional fee for spouse, but if your father may drive too, then there may be a fee. My husband and I both drove our rental at WDW and no additional fee was charged to us by Avis.

Thanks for the responses. I did go ahead and call Avis and as you said, there is no charge for the spouse to drive but if someone else drives, there is a $25.00 fee for the rental period. My dad said that he really doesn't want to do any driving anyway, so now it will just be my dh and I doing the driving so we're all set. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter