• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Addition to Family.....

TKERBELL

TKE-n-TINK 4EVER
Hey all DISers -

A little background - On Monday I received full custody of my 14 year old cousin, Elizabeth (I have 3 boys of my own) - We have planned a trip to WDW in October - DH & I have already discussed with her that she IS part of our family now therefore entitling her to the perks as well as the downsides. One of the perks is our 2 annual trips to WDW. This will be her frist trip to WDW and I want to make this a trip she will never forget (not that ANYONE could ever forget thier first trip to Disney :cheer2: ) - does anyone have ANY suggestions or advice for me? I am very excited about having her with us she is basically a good kid she has just had a REAL crappy life (tooting my own horn - up until now)

I have already notified DVC of the change in our family structure and since DH and DS1, DS2, DS3 and I are annual passholder we will make her one as well.......

Does anyone think I am going overboard with all of this?????

Thanks in advance for any and all..........

J
:earsboy: :earsgirl: princess: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Not at all! There is always a reason to celebrate any new addition to a family! How lucky and blessed are you! And there is another female in the family now.

I would think maybe some kind of special dinner, character greeting, etc... Perhaps a call to guest services or DVC and they might be able to suggest or help you arrange something to make this special for your entire family.

Congrats again!

pingirl65
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Congratulations!!!! No I don't think you are going overboard. If she is part of the family, then she should be included in all family stuff (good & not so good). You might want to get her the teens disney book and let her pick her something special to do. We have a teenager and she really liked the book. She used it to plan her day when she was the "tour guide" for the day.Good Luck!!!!

God bless you for opening your heart and your home to your cousin. :love: You and your family are special people. :goodvibes You are not going overboard at all. She should be included in all matters from this point on to insure that she really feels part of the family. How lucky a girl is she.....she'll now get 2 trips to WDW a year. :cheer2: Can I come live with you too??????? :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

I would let her help with the planning - I think that would get her in the spirit of things, and make her feel a part of the family.

I think a character meal upon your arrival would be the best way to kick things off, followed by a trip to the MK on the monorail!! princess:

You are so-o kind hearted :lovestruc !! Maybe where she is at that still a child/teenager age, have a special "girltime" go for a nice breafast, then go over to the spa(GF?) for a pedicure or manicure. Just for a few hours, cause I know it's in important for you to spent time w/ all of your family. What ever you choose I am sure she will appreciate, even if she doesn't tell you right now( you know how teens can be sometimes ;) ). Wishing your bigger family nothing but happiness :grouphug: !!!!!!!!!!!!1

Congratulations on your new addition - you are not going overboard - I am sure all of your decisions will be the right one(s)

allaboutmm said:
Maybe where she is at that still a child/teenager age, have a special "girltime" go for a nice breafast, then go over to the spa(GF?) for a pedicure or manicure. Just for a few hours, cause I know it's in important for you to spent time w/ all of your family. What ever you choose I am sure she will appreciate, even if she doesn't tell you right now( you know how teens can be sometimes ;) )

I never even thought about that - thank you what a great idea - I suppose that since I don't have girls - I was missing the obvious - GIRL TIME - :rotfl: :cool1:

Thank you to all of you - I suppose I just don't want her to think we are trying to buy her "love" and at the same time I don't want to neglect my boys either!!!!

Janet

How lucky for both of you!!!

You are truly an angel :cloud9: for you kindness and generosity.

Let your heart be your guide and I'm sure all of your decisions will be great!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter