Adding WPF&M to MYW ticket...

jbbt

DIS Veteran
If I buy a Disney Quest or water park ticket on my first day and then get a 10 day MYW ticket the next day, using the "used" Disney Quest or water park ticket as credit toward the WPF&M option, will the whole ticket (including the WPF&M be valid for 14 more days days even though, technically the WPF&M option will then have been valid for 15 days? And then would I technically get 11 entries into the water parks and Disney Quest?

Hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance for your help!

Brigitte

Don't know what the expiration date of the resulting 10 day with water park fun ticket would be. But if you applied the spent Disney Quest ticket to get the fun, one of the fun visits will have been consumed leaving in this case 9 for later use.

One thing that is true, if either ticket had been used more than 13 days ago, it may not be involved in this ticket combining transaction.

The intent is that you end up in the same position as if you bought the target (here, 10 day with water park fun) ticket right from the start. If you upgraded the DQ single ticket to a DQ only annual pass (or a regular ticket to a theme park AP), the AP would start on the day you started use of the ticket you submitted.

Entering water parks, DQ, etc. does not affect the theme park days.

Don't know what the expiration date of the resulting 10 day with water park fun ticket would be. But if you applied the spent Disney Quest ticket to get the fun, one of the fun visits will have been consumed leaving in this case 9 for later use.

One thing that is true, if either ticket had been used more than 13 days ago, it may not be involved in this ticket combining transaction.

The intent is that you end up in the same position as if you bought the target (here, 10 day with water park fun) ticket right from the start.

Entering water parks, DQ, etc. does not affect the theme park days.

Actually, what I am asking is a little different and something I have not seen asked before. I will be at Disney for 15 days, will I be able to go to Disney Quest on Day 1, start with the theme parks on Day 2 and a water park on Day 15?

It's not crucial that we do this. I was just curious as it seems like it would be possible. I know that I have 10 days in the main parks and more entries than I will ever need for Disney Quest and the water parks. I have been to Disney many times and have used just about ever ticket option, but have never gone to to a minor park on day one (and the reason for this is that we are going to see the new Pirates movie during the day so I son't want to waste a major park ticket).

Here's my guess. Hey I'm allowed aren't I.

You buy one day WP pass on day 1. When you buy the 10 day on day two and combine them you are not upgrading the 10 day with the one WP ticket, but upgrading the WP with the 10 day.

So your 14 days start at Day 1 and after the transaction on day two you have 10 park days and 9 WPF&M days.

Everything about any upgrade is to give you the ticket you should have had in the first place. Just like if you use a ticket and then upgrade to an AP 5 days later, your year starts when you first used the ticket.

Can't say for sure that the expiration date will extend to day 15, but with my experience of using the value of a used water park ticket to add the water parks option, it seems that it could.

We already had our park tickets when we did it.We were making one of them non-expiring, so I wanted to add the water park option to it. The process is to actually return the water park ticket (I think I actually had a credit on my credit card), and then just purchase the option for full price. The day we went to the water park was deducted. Make sure you keep your receipt for the original water park ticket.

Again, we aready had our park tickets, so I don't know if they would manually adjust the expiration date as well in your situation. But it is definately not an upgrade of the individual water park ticket.

Just a warning. It is a pretty unique transaction and can't be done anywhere. The CM at the water park ticket booth told us about it. When I tried to do it at the resort, they had never heard of it before. They called someone and said we may be able to do it at a ticket office that had a different ticketing system. I finally had luck at Guest Relations at the MK, but the CM there acted like he was making an exception for me to do it. Later, I emailed Chesire Figment on disboards about my experience and he said that it is a multi-step process and the CM was probably grumpy about having to do such an involved process.

As others have said, when I would be upgrading a one day WP (or DQ) pass to an "X"-days MYW with WPF&M, the start date would be the date the WP (or DQ) ticket was used. This is a systematic requirement when doing an upgrade.

No, the ticket expires 14 days from the first day of use. Buying the added option does not extend the life of the ticket.

It is the theme park ticket that is getting upgraded.

If it is a multi-step process, perhaps the CM combining the water park ticket and the theme park ticket has to plug in the expiration date manually, leaving room for error on the CM's part and trip reports describing different results from guests.

Yes it could be a nasty surprise to find out that the 14 day life span of the theme park ticket got slid back to span the day the water park ticket was used. Let's say that the guest went to the water park first and it was several days before he started using the theme park ticket. There might not be enough calendar days within 14 days of use of the water park ticket to use up all the theme park days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter