Adding trip insurance to my package

bookgirl2632

DIS Veteran
I'm looking to add trip insurance through Disney. Is there a way to add it online or do I have to call? If so, which number do I call? We are approaching our 45 day mark, so I want to add it just before I make my final payment.

I think you have 14 days within booking it. If you want to call, this is one of the numbers I call, there are others but I have this number in my head lol. 1-407-828-8101. There are others but that one is stuck in my mind. Good luck !

Just an fyi.. you can buy trip insurance separate from Disney. Google it and you will get lots of places. It will be like half the cost, maybe more, than what Disney charges a lot of the time.

I've bought travel insurance only twice. One reason is that, although we have gone to Hawaii and many other places, we always use airline miles for those far away trips, and insurance doesn't cover loss of miles. Once, I bought it for our Disney cruise. Good thing - DS developed severe bronchitis so it covered his many visits to the doctor onboard and meds (and his treatment back home as well). The other time I bought it was for my trip next month; DD has a connective tissue disorder. Just in case we have to cancel - we're on a package with free dining.
I think we bought it for our Korea trip last year too, come to think of it! We used miles, but I wanted to have it for the hotel and medical.
Always used Travelguard.

How much did Disney quote you for insurance? I've never purchased from them although we always purchase travel insurance for major trips (and yes, we've had situations where we've needed it). We use Allianz and it works out to be around $100-$200. I think it was like $120 since they don't charge for kids up to age 17.

The price I was quoted thru Disney was a few bucks cheaper but by me paying only 10 dollars more per person I almost doubled the coverage by going thru Allianz

Our entire family is going to WDW later this year and because there are 9 of us travelling from 2 different cities and heaven knows what the weather situation could be, not to mention last minute health issues. It just gave me peace of mind to know we have added protection for and expensive vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter