adding someone to your booking?

mommy2ash

<font color=deeppink>Has a Pooh pushin' Ash<br><fo
i am booked in for oct for just me and ash but my sister was thinking of coming along if she could save up some money. she is only leaving school this year so will be trying to get a job after her exams. just looking at the disney site the price for my trip has gone up. would disney just add her onto the booking or would they treat it as a new booking and therefore i would lose the 40 percent discount i booked under kwim. what are my options here? could she get an ap and stay in the room or would she have to already have one to do that?

You should just be able to add your sister without it affecting your booking costs. Just ring them and tell them that you want to add another adult to the room but they already have tickets - pretty sure they won't ask for details of the AP as she could just have normal tickets that she's already bought - if that makes sense lol!

Only thing you/she may have to pay is local taxes but think it's a bit hit n miss, if I remember correctly some people haven't had to pay but others have just had a charge of a couple of euros:thumbsup2

I'd ring them and ask for a price to add her with tickets to your existing booking, then weigh that up against her buying tickets on the gate and paying local taxes. Can't remember how long you're going for but buying an AP might be better value even if just for the discounts:confused3

Hope that helps
Suze xx

Based on the DLRP booking conditions, it seems to me you should be fine.

Clause 6 covers "Altering your booking". While DLRP does consider a modification to the number of people in a room be an "exchange of package", clause 6.2 provides that they will not impose an "alteration fee" provided the value of the new package is the same or higher value than the current package, which will presumably be the case if you add another person to the room.

thanks for the replies. i hope it works out that way. im not sure yet if she will be going or not so i have a while to figure it out.

Sonya you could phone Disney now, and ask how much it would be to add your sister to the package, including park tickets for her. If its going to be 130 euros or more, you honestly would be better just adding her name without tickets, and then getting her a Fantasy AP when you get to the parks - that way, as well as being able to use your shareholder discount in the shops and table service restaurants, you can use your sister's AP to get 10% discount on counter service meals too ;). As she would be staying at the Santa Fe with you, she wouldn't need a Dream Pass, she'd still get access to EMH because she's staying onsite.

thanks elaine, i would think an ap would be cheaper as i can get a discount on it with my shareholders card as well cant i? i think i will give them a ring and see what they say. if they need an ap number or something in advance then thats the end of that idea but at least i will know

if they need an ap number or something in advance then thats the end of that idea but at least i will know

IMO I don't think they will ask for that ~ I think that would only be if you were asking for a room with AP rates.

I wasn't asked for the AP number when we did this for October this year, I just told them we didn't need park tickets for that one person being added to the booking.

I wasn't asked for the AP number when we did this for October this year, I just told them we didn't need park tickets for that one person being added to the booking.

thanks elaine thats great. heres hoping i get a cm who knows what they are doing then :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter