Adding Someone to a Reservation

mousebrat

DIS Veteran
I have reservations for a party of 6 for a November trip. After making the reservations, we found out that my nephew will be joining us. I was able to add him for a couple of reservations, but not the following:

Chef Mickey's (current reservation is 11/22 at 7:20)
Tony's Town Square (current reservation is 11/22 at 6:00)
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater (had to split up on 11/23 with 4 at 3:10 and 2 at 3:20)

As a practical matter, has anyone had any luck adding someone when you check in at the restaurant?

This past week we had 5 people in our party, but BOG was only showing up for 4. I booked one of the available parties of 4 and stopped by while in the MK the day of. The CM told me to arrive 10 minutes before my reservation to check in and let them know of the change and it would be no problem. Sure enough, they switched the table and seated us on time. If they are willing to do it for the hardest ADR, I' sure they'll accommodate you as well.

I would keep checking to try and find an ADR for the correct number of guests. While they will do everything they can to accommodate you, if the restaurant is fully booked (to fire code capacity) they will not be able to accomodate the extra person. If the appropriate sized table is not available, you may have to wait longer or you may be treated as a walk-up. I am not saying any of these scenarios are common (as the PP indicated, they were able to add an extra person at BOG), but they are all possibilities.

I think the hardest one is going to be Sci Fi because the car tables only fit 6 adults comfortably. The bench seats fix two adults or they can fit two adults and one very small child (e.g., toddler).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter